iTunes Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes Radio

Hi, I am looking at possibly purchasing this plugin, but i would really like to be able to get access to my iTunes Radio channels (not the internet stations). Am I missing something to be able to do this?

if you are not talking about the internet radios, what do you call "iTunes Radio channels"?
    Are those radios stream configured as playlists?

Comment

If you click on the radio button in iTunes you can setup channels. Very similar to pandora. I utilize these heavily in my house and would like a way to access them. The stream radio stations I am not a fan of because I can't stand commercials and the quality is sub par at best.

There may be a way to get them to show up in htouch, but I haven't found a way.

Comment

It turns out that iTunes Radio is a service available in the US only (I'm in Canada).
        I will have to create a US apple id, to try to access the service and see if the plugin could be able to handle it. I'm away right now so I won't be able to do that before July.

Comment

Appreciate it. Anything you need from me just let me know.

Comment

Good news, I have created a US apple id and played with iTunes Radios, I can get the station list from code, so I will be able to integrate them to the plugin.
            Stay tuned!

Comment

Awesome news. Thank you!

Comment

Very cool. Since it just came out what are the chances of supporting Apple music--their new unlimited streaming service?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                  Very cool. Since it just came out what are the chances of supporting Apple music--their new unlimited streaming service?
                  not sure, I have to see how it is integrated in iTunes

Comment

in version 3.0.0.22 I have added iTunes Radios.
                    You can select and play an iTuynes Radio from an event using the "Play iTunes Radio" action, and I added a new tab in the player page:

Click image for larger version

Name:	itunesradios.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1179371

Comment

Hey, thanks I am able to create the events and use them to control iTunes radio now.

Quick question, is there a way I can create a list in HSTouch of this so that I can select the different stations?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                        in version 3.0.0.22 I have added iTunes Radios.
                        You can select and play an iTuynes Radio from an event using the "Play iTunes Radio" action, and I added a new tab in the player page:

[ATTACH]47301[/ATTACH]
                        Does the plugin work with the newest itunes? iTunes 12.2.1

I don't get the Itunes radio tab on my plugin... play/pause/volume/etc works but not itunes radio..

also bunch of errors in the window:

Jul-28 19:57:32 ERROR Exception in update thread, try#2: Unable to connect to th
                        e remote server
                        Jul-28 19:57:34 ERROR Exception in play status update thread, try#4: Unable to c
                        onnect to the remote server
                        Jul-28 19:57:34 ERROR Exception in update thread, try#5: Unable to connect to th
                        e remote server
                        Jul-28 19:57:35 INFO Status update Thread Killed!
                        Jul-28 19:57:35 INFO Update Thread Killed!
                        Jul-28 19:57:40 ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtnt View Post
                          Does the plugin work with the newest itunes? iTunes 12.2.1

I don't get the Itunes radio tab on my plugin... play/pause/volume/etc works but not itunes radio..

also bunch of errors in the window:

Jul-28 19:57:32 ERROR Exception in update thread, try#2: Unable to connect to th
                          e remote server
                          Jul-28 19:57:34 ERROR Exception in play status update thread, try#4: Unable to c
                          onnect to the remote server
                          Jul-28 19:57:34 ERROR Exception in update thread, try#5: Unable to connect to th
                          e remote server
                          Jul-28 19:57:35 INFO Status update Thread Killed!
                          Jul-28 19:57:35 INFO Update Thread Killed!
                          Jul-28 19:57:40 ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                          I just upgraded to iTunes 12.2 and you're right, it seems that they significantly changed the way iTunes Radio works, and it looks like a lot of people are not happy about it: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Because of these changes the plugin cannot retrieve the radio stations anymore. I will try to find a fix, but I'm not sure it's possible.

The errors you see can happen when you close iTunes but they should be harmless.

Comment

No iTunes Radio?

I know this thread is a little old. But I just purchased this app thinking there would be itunes radio station. But they aren't working. Is there any update on when this may work again? Or a workaround? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by copperlab View Post
                              I know this thread is a little old. But I just purchased this app thinking there would be itunes radio station. But they aren't working. Is there any update on when this may work again? Or a workaround? Thanks for your help.
                              Unfortunately since iTunes 12.2 the iTunes radios are part of the Apple Music service. I don't think it's possible to get access to this service using the API that the plug-in uses.

Comment

Working...
                              X