iOS calendar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS calendar ?

I was wondering if it is possible or if anyone has tried or thought of doing a plugin to allow calendar access from an iOS calendar to populate on a HS Touch page? I really would like to be able to have a page or some type of notification for events that are in our calendar. I see that there is a Calendar plugin which looks great, but I don't want to have to redo an event every time I want to have it display on my HS system.

Thank you,

I'm not sure it would be possible...you could use a Google Calendar (couple of ways of doing that) but I'm not sure how you would get the data out of the phones OS to then send to HS to in turn send back to HSTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      I'm not sure it would be possible...you could use a Google Calendar (couple of ways of doing that) but I'm not sure how you would get the data out of the phones OS to then send to HS to in turn send back to HSTouch.
      So using a Google Calendar I could get what I am looking for? Is this through a plugin or another way to go about it?

Thank you for your reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon19 View Post
        So using a Google Calendar I could get what I am looking for? Is this through a plugin or another way to go about it?

Thank you for your reply!
        There are a couple of ways;

1) I wrote a script that reads iCal files (which Google Calendar can link to), you can read from that and put data into devices - high degree of customisation but you can make it do whatever you want, look towards the end of this thread - https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166320

2) BLGData - Believe this can read from calendars, not a user myself but probably the simplest solution however will come at a cost

3) Google offer the ability to have snippets of HTML code, these can be embedded in web pages and then in turn inside HSTouch. Not that easy to interface with but offers a direct link to them. If you look in some of the HSTouch screen projects you will probably find some examples of this...

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for the information, this at least gives me some options. I appreciate the guidance.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          There are a couple of ways;

1) I wrote a script that reads iCal files (which Google Calendar can link to), you can read from that and put data into devices - high degree of customisation but you can make it do whatever you want, look towards the end of this thread - https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166320

2) BLGData - Believe this can read from calendars, not a user myself but probably the simplest solution however will come at a cost

3) Google offer the ability to have snippets of HTML code, these can be embedded in web pages and then in turn inside HSTouch. Not that easy to interface with but offers a direct link to them. If you look in some of the HSTouch screen projects you will probably find some examples of this...

Comment

I created AK Google Calendar plugin and currently investigating Apple calendar integration.
            In the mean time you can sync your Apple calendar with Google Calendar: How to Sync Google Calendar With iPhone Calendar

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
              I created AK Google Calendar plugin and currently investigating Apple calendar integration.
              In the mean time you can sync your Apple calendar with Google Calendar: How to Sync Google Calendar With iPhone Calendar
              The only bad thing about Apple to Google calendar sync is that it is only done once or twice per day. So frequently updated calendars will get out of sync pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
              X