This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on Insteon Config Page

I have been unable to find any doc or help on the options on the Insteon Configuration page. I am in the process of converting from X10 to Insteon and the Insteon is so much more reliable that I am planning to replace all of my devices. But I sure would like to know what each of the drop down boxes and plug-in utility choices are all about....

Thanks
    Last edited by ; March 3, 2007, 06:30 AM. Reason: duplicate signature

I am sure the plugin will be better documented when the plugin goes gold. However its still in beta, so much has changed in the development of it. Are there specific things that you have questions on? I would be happy to answer any plugin specific questions that I can, just give me some specific areas you dont understand. Also, I would highly recommend reading through the posts in the insteon beta plugin section of the board. There is LOTS of information here, and likely you will find answers already posted/discussed.
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Config Page

Here are the questions - I couldn't find answers on the forum:

1. Number of Hops - defaults to 1. I have a large hose (with a almost whole house generator - with a barn and stand alone garage. It took 4 of the Signal Lincs to get signals throughout the place. Does the hop refer to the number of these RF units I need to go through? I seem to get signal everywhere with it set to 1.

2. Update PLC firmware - I have some devics with firmware version 27 and some with version 28. Is there a need to regularly update this or is one better off leaving it alone if all is working?

3. Map Device Interconnections - what does this do?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by aguden View Post
        Here are the questions - I couldn't find answers on the forum:

1. Number of Hops - defaults to 1. I have a large hose (with a almost whole house generator - with a barn and stand alone garage. It took 4 of the Signal Lincs to get signals throughout the place. Does the hop refer to the number of these RF units I need to go through? I seem to get signal everywhere with it set to 1.

2. Update PLC firmware - I have some devics with firmware version 27 and some with version 28. Is there a need to regularly update this or is one better off leaving it alone if all is working?

3. Map Device Interconnections - what does this do?

Thanks for your help.
        1. This refers to how many times the signal is repeated by devices.
        2. This refers to the PLC firmware, not switch firmware. The only way to update the switch firmware is to swap out the switches. Leave alone unless
        you are having problems.
        3. Press it and see. Wont hurt anything. Shows a text layout of links/interconnections.
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Insteon Config

Thanks for the quick answers. It's a lot clearer now.....

Comment

Originally posted by aguden View Post
            1. Number of Hops - defaults to 1. I have a large hose
            Just one more thing. The number of hops is not concerned with the size of your "hose".

Comment

Working...
            X