Fresh Start Trial of Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Start Trial of Plugin

Hello - Just started my trial of this plugin. I did check the help file, but couldn't find these 2 options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1203763

It struck me as odd that delay would be global for all speaking - I don't really want any delay sothe I set it down a bit - Is it OK to simply set it to "0"? Is there a better way to contol this? What is the main purpose of this delay?

The next one isn't obvious to me - what effect does using lower case have for announcements?

Somebody wanted to be able to convert the speech to lowercase so I added it as an option.
    The other option allows the user to specify extra time to wait when BLSpeech triggers are run.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I can't speak to the "lowercase" option but the second one was I believe my request. I needed a way to delay all speaking until my speakers were ready to go. If it was night time and only one set of speakers were needed the old default was fine, however during the daytime when there are 6 sets of speakers that need to be activated it took a little longer.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        Somebody wanted to be able to convert the speech to lowercase so I added it as an option.
        The other option allows the user to specify extra time to wait when BLSpeech triggers are run.
        OK, thank you. I wanted to know the reason for the option, so I invested some time to find this thread in another part of the board:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142463

I assume this is what you re referring to - I had no idea that capitalized words would be spoken as individual letters -

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          I can't speak to the "lowercase" option but the second one was I believe my request. I needed a way to delay all speaking until my speakers were ready to go. If it was night time and only one set of speakers were needed the old default was fine, however during the daytime when there are 6 sets of speakers that need to be activated it took a little longer.
          Thanks Marty - It was defaulted to 3 is maybe what caused my confusion - I intend to try it at zero.

Comment

If i remember correctly doesn't uppercase make the text be spelled out rather than spoken as a word ?

Just a guess......
            Neil
            Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Working...
            X