MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to download?

Feel very stupid ... can't find the link ...

Comment

It's now in the updater. See post #58.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I just started using this plugin to see if it can be of use. I have an xbox 360 that shows activated but offline.
        I also have a vizio tv which is supposed to be dlna compatible however is doesnt even show up in the plugin.

Any advise on what to check on these two devices?
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
          I have an xbox 360 that shows activated but offline.
          The PI makes use of pings to see if a device is still active. Make sure any firewall on the PC that runs this PI is not preventing pings or broad/multicasts.

I also have a vizio tv which is supposed to be dlna compatible however is doesnt even show up in the plugin.
          There are many levels of DLNA compliancy. Your TV as a player (renderer) is most likely capable of discovering DLNA servers (content) on your network, which doesn't mean your TV allows an external control point (DLNA Controller) to manage your player. So either there is a setting on your TV that allows a controller to control your TV and you need to turn that on, or the TV doesn't support this function at all.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            The PI makes use of pings to see if a device is still active. Make sure any firewall on the PC that runs this PI is not preventing pings or broad/multicasts.
            The Xbox 360 does not respond to pings unless you're using the network diagnostics on the xbox.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              The Xbox 360 does not respond to pings unless you're using the network diagnostics on the xbox.

Cheers
              Al
              That's a bummer. I think I can change the HS3 version of the PI to not use ping. You sure there isn't a setting on the xbox to allow ping replies?

Dirk

Comment

That's a bummer. I think I can change the HS3 version of the PI to not use ping. You sure there isn't a setting on the xbox to allow ping replies?

Dirk
                I've never been able to find one nor another way to detect if it on.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

You might be able to use the arping command:
                  Code:
                  arping -c1 -f -w1 <ip address>
                  The arping utility is available here: http://www.habets.pp.se/synscan/prog...hp?prog=arping and can be compiled for Windows.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Dirk, great plugin! I have a Samsung UN65ES8000FXZA which is brand new but I don't get a "message" service type. Any ideas?

In addition, I see "multiscreen" service types for my Samsung TV and my Amazon FireTV - any idea what those are?
                    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                      Dirk, great plugin! I have a Samsung UN65ES8000FXZA which is brand new but I don't get a "message" service type. Any ideas?
                      I suspect that Samsung dropped this from their new TV, they might have implemented it differently, perhaps through some apps.

In addition, I see "multiscreen" service types for my Samsung TV and my Amazon FireTV - any idea what those are?
                      The multiscreen is an attempt to "standardize" through dlna/upnp to add functions such as "sling" content from your hand held onto a large screen aka second screen. I've been following this trend to see if it can be used to add automation functions but no standard has been agreed upon. So all implementations are very vendor specific and in most cases are just used to have apps on handheld device discover their sister app on the TV (think netflix, Hulu, plex ...). Netflix is pushing the DIAL (DIscovery And Launch) protocol to do exactly that. Unfortunatly, the only part that is standard and common is to discover peering apps, after that, the apps communicate in their own proprietary way so impossible for me to include it in a generic PI like this one. People can try to reverse engineer lets say, Netflix commands but that mean you come up with a very dedicated PI to just control Netflix.

On a different note, I see you found out how to go look at the services, can you take screen shots (and make a new thread or email me) on what services your Samsung has, click on the hyperlinked services and display the details as well. I'm interested whether the message service got embedded somewhere else or what they now advertize for multiscreen.

Dirk

Comment

I just started using this plugin to see if it can be of use. I have an xbox 360 that shows activated but offline.

Any advise on what to check on these two devices?
                        Just to let you know that I've been testing a version that is not depending on Pings anymore, so it should work w/ XBOX360 assuming they have proper implementation for being controller by a DLNA controller. Hope to get it out over the weekend.

Did you get anywhere w/ your Vizio TV?

On a different note, I have been working on remote control for Sony devices. I had it from day one but Sony seems to keep on changing their implementation. I very recently bought a Sony AV receiver and have now the opportunity to clean up my implementation and hopefully current model Sony TVs follow a similar implementation. Does anybody use this PI to control Sony devices as a remote? Anybody using the party-mode features?

Dirk

Comment

Dirk, did you get my email with the Samsung screen shots?
                          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Dirk, did you get my email with the Samsung screen shots?
                            I did but was very busy this week. Couldn't find any trace of supporting the msg service.

I do see a ton of functions that are exposed by Samsung but can't come up with a way to exploit those without me having the TV itself to test nor getting this PI even more loaded up with vendor specific functions.

Thanks for your effort though and I'll continue to think about a "generic" way to get you access to those.

Dirk

Comment

Just to let you know that I've been testing a version that is not depending on Pings anymore, so it should work w/ XBOX360 assuming they have proper implementation for being controller by a DLNA controller. Hope to get it out over the weekend.

Did you get anywhere w/ your Vizio TV?

On a different note, I have been working on remote control for Sony devices. I had it from day one but Sony seems to keep on changing their implementation. I very recently bought a Sony AV receiver and have now the opportunity to clean up my implementation and hopefully current model Sony TVs follow a similar implementation. Does anybody use this PI to control Sony devices as a remote? Anybody using the party-mode features?

Dirk
                              I'll give the xbox another try when the new version comes out.
                              My vizio TV does not show up when I click discover new devices even though I can ping it. So I guess the DLNA Certified graphic on the box when I bought it was just marketing BS.
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

So I guess the DLNA Certified graphic on the box when I bought it was just marketing BS.
                                Well it might not all be BS. I suspect they use DLNA to discover content, just NOT to get controller by it. Do look at the settings, a number of devices require an explicit approval to have an external DLNA controller control the device. Usually under network or remote control settings.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X