No announcement yet.

RFXCOM lan device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packet timeouts are a limited number of times retried but should not occur with a stable connection.

Comment

The problem of the errors where because of a wrong setting in the ser2net config. I have noticed that the connection is lost about two or three times a day. Considered the wifi connection I don't think this is to bad.

But after reconnecting the rfxtrx the RFXCOM plug-in does't update the device status correct. See attachment.

Homeseer log:
      29 (aConnectEnd) transceiver #2 reconnected.
      Jan-17 11:10:09 RFXCOM 29 (InitTRX) Connect Transceiver #2 on TCP 192.168.1.62,10001
      Jan-17 11:10:09 RFXCOM Error: 29 (Reconnect) transceiver #2 stopped due to comm failure, try to reconnect.
      Jan-17 11:10:09 RFXCOM 29 (CheckTransceivers) transceiver #2 ping senddata with errorflag, reconnect done?
      Jan-17 11:09:25 RFXCOM Error: 29 (SockDataArrival) TCP error
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm extremly happy with my RFXlan device, hopefully they will start produce it again.

I'm running HS3 on a Windows computer with "VirtualHere" and have RFXtrx433 connected to a Raspberry Pi2 in my garage with good results.

Comment

Anyone tried to connect their RFX device to the USB ports on their Z-Net and run it from there? Some of my sensors are not being detected at their current location. I think they would work, if I had the receiver positioned where the Z-Net is instead of where the Zee2 is. . .

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
            The RFXLAN is no longer in the catalogue. Maybe later.

You use an RFXrec433, RFXtrx315 or RFX433E and connect it to a Raspberry PI with socat.
            Linux cmd: socat tcp-listen:10001,fork,reuseaddr file:/dev/rfxcom,raw &

You can now connect the RFXCOM over LAN port 10001
            I've got a pair of early RFX com USB transmitter and receivers, (connected with a sync lead). Would I be able to connect this pair up via socat and a PI?

Comment

It should be possible to use socat or ser2net.
              Configure the correct baud rate, normally 4800baud.

Comment

Working...
              X