HomeSeer SEL pro and a Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer SEL pro and a Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface

I am having a hell of a problem understanding why I am having such a problem. I have a Homeseer Sel pro and I am trying to add a HomeSeer Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface with it. It is my understanding that the Interface is bascially a bridge. I thought that it was not a controller per say but is a holder of devices. Why am I having so much problem getting the thing to work. I have a green light and my system recognizes it. I really think that I am trying to hard here and overthinking this thing. I could use some basic help here in understanding what I have bought. All I am looking for is for the Interface to talk to my devices in the back of my house and let the SEL do the work and control. If it is better the other way around great. But,,, any help will help.
    Thanks

The Z-Net is a Z-Wave controller while the SEL is just running HS.
    Using find.homeseer.com you can find your Z-Net's IP address and configure the Z-Wave plugin using that IP. From there, it's just a matter of adding Z-Wave devices using the Z-Tool+ app on your phone.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

That's a start

Thanks,
      Ok. That means my little SEL box is the program and the zstick (in the SEL) is a holder of devices. The Interface box (located in another location)
      is also a holder of devices. How do you know? or what is a test? to see that the SEL is communicating to the Interface and vice/versa. green led's? green checks on plug-ins?

Now another big question: if I have a door contact loaded in the SEL/stick on one side of the house (its to far to pick up its status), but the device is on the Interface side of the house; why is the status of the device not being read by the Interface? The interface will only pick up on devices loaded in it and the Stick will only pick up devices that are in it?

For both to share device information do I need to copy and send information between the both or what?

Comment

Originally posted by aredhead View Post
        Thanks,
        Ok. That means my little SEL box is the program and the zstick (in the SEL) is a holder of devices. The Interface box (located in another location)
        is also a holder of devices. How do you know? or what is a test? to see that the SEL is communicating to the Interface and vice/versa. green led's? green checks on plug-ins?

Now another big question: if I have a door contact loaded in the SEL/stick on one side of the house (its to far to pick up its status), but the device is on the Interface side of the house; why is the status of the device not being read by the Interface? The interface will only pick up on devices loaded in it and the Stick will only pick up devices that are in it?

For both to share device information do I need to copy and send information between the both or what?
        Yeah, you would need to assign one as a primary controller and one as a secondary controller. I only have the Z-Net as my primary, so I'm not much help there.

Again, you would use find.homeseer.com to find the IP of your Z-Net and you configure it in the Z-Wave plugin configuration.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

>> what is a test to see that the SEL is communicating to the Interface and vice/versa. green led's? green checks on plug-ins?

The green LED on the znet indicates the connection status between the plugin and the znet. The green check on the web page appears once the link is initially successful, but doesn't change if the link is broken. Best way to tell that from the web interface is the log; there will be a lot of complains in red font if there are issues.

>> The interface will only pick up on devices loaded in it and the Stick will only pick up devices that are in it?

Yes and yes.

>> For both to share device information do I need to copy and send information between the both or what?

That's a fairly advanced topic; for starters I'd recommend adding the device to the closest interface and leave this for down the road.

Comment

Working...
          X