This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John
    Try removing one of your dimmable devices and re-add it. The option to do should be built.

System devices will be fixed in the next version. I had to get this release out, but this is high on the list.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Maybe I'm just screwy. This morning they seem to be ok.

Comment

Nope still screwy. I changed them in HS and they were fine but after the thermostat reported them, they are back to being off again.

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
          Nope still screwy. I changed them in HS and they were fine but after the thermostat reported them, they are back to being off again.
          Oh - I was thinking the setpoint on temp/humidity sensors. You are saying the thermostat setpoints are not being reported in HS correctly?

Comment

RC2000 thermostat humidify and dehumidify setpoints.

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
              RC2000 thermostat humidify and dehumidify setpoints.
              ah - gotcha...

Comment

I am using with 3 ACL and they show up in HS but status is always reported as Unlocked. If I make changes in HS they show up in PC Access, but not the other way around. Nothing shows up in the log when changing in PC Access or the lock.

Comment

Originally posted by automatte View Post
                  I am using with 3 ACL and they show up in HS but status is always reported as Unlocked. If I make changes in HS they show up in PC Access, but not the other way around. Nothing shows up in the log when changing in PC Access or the lock.
                  Email me your log file and I'll take a look.
                  Robmasonjr67 at Yahoo dot com

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Logs sent.

Comment

[QUOTE=rmasonjr;1351326]John
                      Try removing one of your dimmable devices and re-add it. The option to do should be built.
                      ]

Rob, I did remove/re-add, and now the Is Dimmable box is checked, and Advanced says Dim True! So that part works. I also checked the Is Light box, it was not checked by default, and I'm not sure what that really controls.

However, actually operating the light is still confusing to me. Is there anything written anywhere that says how it is supposed to work? Here's what I observe:

From PC Access, my X-10 switches respond to On, Off, Toggle, Dim, Brighten, but not Light Level. Dim and Brighten are in "steps" 1-9. From the OFF state, Dim or Brighten commands seem to turn ON, then dim 1 step, so to 90% full regardless of step entered. Not sure if really dims. From any ON or dimmed state, DIM command steps brightness down that number of steps, BRIGHTEN command steps it up that number of steps.

From HS3 GUI, device responds to ON, OFF buttons no problem. From OFF state, slide slider right to about 80%, light turns on then dims to about 20% of full, and slider slides back itself to 23%. From OFF, slide right 10%, light turns on then dims to 90% of full, slider stays at 10%. From a dimmed state, sliding slider right a bit DIMS the light some, and slider slides back itself. The status increments by a few % implying light is brighter, but actually it is more dim.

From HS3 Control Panel, ON, OFF commands OK. Other options are DIM 1-99%. From OFF state, Dim 20% turns light on, dims to about 80% full, as expected. Anther Dim 20% steps down to 60%, etc. But, no way to step back up, no Brighten command, so have to turn light OFF, then back on.

From Alexa control, ON, OFF works. From OFF state, DIM nn% command steps down, can be repeated and keeps stepping down. BRIGHTEN command has no effect, although Alexa says "OK". ON command from dimmed state has no effect. OFF command always works. So Alexa thinks there is a Brighten function, PC Access has Brighten, but HS3 does not seem to know about it.

I have not tried these experiments with the UPB lights, but the HS3 control panel only shows DIM commands for them, no BRIGHTEN, so I am not hopeful.

Maybe I am missing some basic information, but some of these behaviors are not very intuitive.

Thanks for any clarifying knowledge or comments...

Comment

This is good info - thanks...

I'm hitting a wall on dimming/brighten/light level. I have to make sure that Alexa/Google Home support works. The challenge is how to build all of that into HS devices and events. Right now, the behavior you are seeing is only sending DIM commands which are not matching up with with the DIM steps 1-9 in OMNI.

So, let me brew on this for a bit before I get DIM/BRIGHTEN going. What I'm focusing on is how to make HS/OMNI behave just like PCAccess.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          This is good info - thanks...

I'm hitting a wall on dimming/brighten/light level. I have to make sure that Alexa/Google Home support works. The challenge is how to build all of that into HS devices and events. Right now, the behavior you are seeing is only sending DIM commands which are not matching up with with the DIM steps 1-9 in OMNI.

So, let me brew on this for a bit before I get DIM/BRIGHTEN going. What I'm focusing on is how to make HS/OMNI behave just like PCAccess.
                          Great, good luck! I know it is a challenge even to understand the terms and options. Let me know if I can help or check out some behavior.

I am not sure all X-10 dimmable devices respond the same or respond to all possible commands, and I suspect UPB may also be different. I will try similar tests with my UPB devices and post.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jfree23;1352291]
                            Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            John
                            ]

Rob, I did remove/re-add, and now the Is Dimmable box is checked, and Advanced says Dim True! So that part works. I also checked the Is Light box, it was not checked by default, and I'm not sure what that really controls.

However, actually operating the light is still confusing to me. Is there anything written anywhere that says how it is supposed to work? Here's what I observe:

From PC Access, my X-10 switches respond to On, Off, Toggle, Dim, Brighten, but not Light Level. Dim and Brighten are in "steps" 1-9. From the OFF state, Dim or Brighten commands seem to turn ON, then dim 1 step, so to 90% full regardless of step entered. Not sure if really dims. From any ON or dimmed state, DIM command steps brightness down that number of steps, BRIGHTEN command steps it up that number of steps.

From HS3 GUI, device responds to ON, OFF buttons no problem. From OFF state, slide slider right to about 80%, light turns on then dims to about 20% of full, and slider slides back itself to 23%. From OFF, slide right 10%, light turns on then dims to 90% of full, slider stays at 10%. From a dimmed state, sliding slider right a bit DIMS the light some, and slider slides back itself. The status increments by a few % implying light is brighter, but actually it is more dim.

From HS3 Control Panel, ON, OFF commands OK. Other options are DIM 1-99%. From OFF state, Dim 20% turns light on, dims to about 80% full, as expected. Anther Dim 20% steps down to 60%, etc. But, no way to step back up, no Brighten command, so have to turn light OFF, then back on.

From Alexa control, ON, OFF works. From OFF state, DIM nn% command steps down, can be repeated and keeps stepping down. BRIGHTEN command has no effect, although Alexa says "OK". ON command from dimmed state has no effect. OFF command always works. So Alexa thinks there is a Brighten function, PC Access has Brighten, but HS3 does not seem to know about it.

I have not tried these experiments with the UPB lights, but the HS3 control panel only shows DIM commands for them, no BRIGHTEN, so I am not hopeful.

Maybe I am missing some basic information, but some of these behaviors are not very intuitive.

Thanks for any clarifying knowledge or comments...
                            Quick update on UPB behavior, from PC Access:
                            UPB switches respond to On,Off, Dim, Brighten, Toggle, Light Level. From OFF state, they do NOT turn on to 100% with a dim, brighten command, so dim from off does nothing, brighten steps up as entered, light level sets to what you entered. From ON state, dim, brighten step down or up as expected, and light level just sets to new level that you specify. Pretty much all as expected.

From HS3 GUI, UPB response to ON, OFF OK. From OFF, sliding to 80% results in 20% on state, and slider slides back by itself, kind of backwards and like X10. From ON state, slider is like for X10.

From Alexa, ON, OFF is OK. She responds to all commands with OK. From OFF state, no response to any command except ON. From ON state, both dim and brighten commands result in lights dimming x%. Also responds to Set command, but lights respond by dimming in steps in all cases, does not set the level directly.

John

Comment

Installed the update. I can see the locks and I can lock and lock from home screen. Two questions - one of my locks appears twice, both seem to work even though they have different "OMNI Q- " numbers in the details. Thoughts? Also should it now be possible for Alexa to "Lock" doors (actually would not want it to unlock due to security concerns) and provide the status (locked/unlocked)??
                              Thanks again

Comment

[QUOTE=Jfree23;1352784]
                                Originally posted by Jfree23 View Post

Quick update on UPB behavior, from PC Access:
                                UPB switches respond to On,Off, Dim, Brighten, Toggle, Light Level. From OFF state, they do NOT turn on to 100% with a dim, brighten command, so dim from off does nothing, brighten steps up as entered, light level sets to what you entered. From ON state, dim, brighten step down or up as expected, and light level just sets to new level that you specify. Pretty much all as expected.

From HS3 GUI, UPB response to ON, OFF OK. From OFF, sliding to 80% results in 20% on state, and slider slides back by itself, kind of backwards and like X10. From ON state, slider is like for X10.

From Alexa, ON, OFF is OK. She responds to all commands with OK. From OFF state, no response to any command except ON. From ON state, both dim and brighten commands result in lights dimming x%. Also responds to Set command, but lights respond by dimming in steps in all cases, does not set the level directly.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X