This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HowTo: Elk M1 HomeSeer Watchdog

I have my Elk M1 system generate an e-mail whenever my HomeSeer system is not reachable for over 60 minutes. Here is how I did it.
    • Create an output called "HS Conn Trouble" which is used to enable/disable alerting.
    • Create an Elk M1 counter "hs_connect" used to track how long it has been since HomeSeer last reported a status.
    • Create an Elk M1 rule that runs once per minute to subtract 1 from the hs_counter. This rule only runs when the "HS Conn Trouble" output create above is off.
    • Create an Elk M1 rule that triggers an e-mail whenever the hs_connect counter reaches 0. It then resets the counter to 60.
    • Create a HomeSeer event to set the hs_connect counter to 60.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Genius

Thanks much! I would not have thought of that on my own - works good although since the machine I'm testing HS on is pretty reliable, I haven't gotten any alerts yet!

Comment

Now one could take a relay module and connect it to the system board "reset" line os that the ELK can "reset" the computer in case of trouble.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I am having trouble with the counters whereas they decrement much faster and/or not sequentially. It is wierd. I even talked to Brad @ Elk and they are not aware of any issues.

Using the latest UL listed firmware.

Any thoughts?
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
        X