• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Question

In HS3PRO what does the HSTouch Designer License buy you? Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    HSTouch Designer is included with HS3Pro. It allows you to design custom HSTouch Screens.
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

https://homeseer.com/hs3touch-designer/

It's already included with PRO.

Comment

I am a bit puzzled now. I thought HSTouch works with the zee S2 controller. You seem to mention that it is only available on the HS3PRO versions. This isn't what I am reading from the zee S2 documentation and what I am seeing on homeseer tv.

Also the cost of having HSTouch with the license is higher than the cost of HSTouch without the license. Again what does the extra cost of the license buy you or what is the purpose of the license vs no license? Rick

Comment

I think what it means is the licensed version gives you the ability to customize your HSTouch screens with the Designer software, without it you are limited to the "stock" or supplied project in the HSTouch app.
          The learning curve with Designer Software is tough but you can make really nice custom setups once you get it figured out.

John

Comment

I am a bit puzzled now. I thought HSTouch works with the zee S2 controller. You seem to mention that it is only available on the HS3PRO versions. This isn't what I am reading from the zee S2 documentation and what I am seeing on homeseer tv.

Also the cost of having HSTouch with the license is higher than the cost of HSTouch without the license. Again what does the extra cost of the license buy you or what is the purpose of the license vs no license? Rick

Ok there is two things here and your getting them mixed up.

HS touch and HS touch Designer are not the same. Desginer needs a serial and costs money.

"HS touch" is the app/plugin that you use to connect to your system.

HS touch "DESGINER" is used to make custom designed pages/layouts of HStouch. Your house and my house are much different. You may want extra pages, different icons, different backgrounds. Without desginer your pages will not look like the examples here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=131697
            Where people are making their own custom layouts to fit their needs.

HS touch without designer is a cluster of junk without a look (IMO) I'm not thrilled with. I would recommend not using HS touch (use Imperihome) if you are planning on only using HS touch without designing your own. And using HS touch "designer" is not so good for beginners (IMO). It provides a ton of options but is a bit more advanced to use and create depending on your skill set.

Imperihome and Plugin is the middle ground. Much better then stock HStouch allows custom layout pages to a small degree but is very easy to use vs. HS touch designer.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. What are you using for a tabletop touch screen controller? Does homeseer have their own tabletop touchscreen control display device for sale? Thanks again....Rick

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. What are you using for a tabletop touch screen controller? Does homeseer have their own tabletop touchscreen control display device for sale? Thanks again....Rick
                Any 40-200.00 tablet will do. I don't think homeseer currently has their own but they did at one point.

Comment

Working...
                X