Remotec ZRC-90us on Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I had to reset mine in addition to excluding it to get it to include again. The reset instructions are in the user guide. After resetting, I also had to remove the batteries for a few seconds. They are a little flaky.

I get my replacement today. I will see what happens with a new one.
    I did an update to my previous post. I upgraded to 148 (with 368) and child devices have come back. Device works as it used to before.

Comment

I would say I am done with these, unless someone knows a secret.

It took 4 tries to add this controller. It was 2 feet from my Z-Net. After each try I reset it and removed the batteries for a half minute. The first and third time it was included as an already used node in my system. Fortunately that was not true. The second time it included as a generic Sigma controller with no child nodes. It would not rescan. The forth try resulted in a properly configured Remotec controller with two child nodes.

Now that it is included, it is just like the first one. a single press of the button does not trigger a central scene value. If I press any button and wait for the LED to start flashing I can trigger any of the 4 scene values for the corresponding button. It will not work before or after the flashing LED resulting in an impossibly narrow window to activate a scene.

I turned on Z-Wave command logging and the first press only sends a battery report. The second press while the LED is flashing sends a battery report again and a central scene value.

I really wish I knew why some are seeing the device behave differently as this really doesn't seem to be a plug-in issue. This would be a nice control if it worked, but it is almost useless as it is.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I would say I am done with these, unless someone knows a secret.

It took 4 tries to add this controller. It was 2 feet from my Z-Net. After each try I reset it and removed the batteries for a half minute. The first and third time it was included as an already used node in my system. Fortunately that was not true. The second time it included as a generic Sigma controller with no child nodes. It would not rescan. The forth try resulted in a properly configured Remotec controller with two child nodes.

Now that it is included, it is just like the first one. a single press of the button does not trigger a central scene value. If I press any button and wait for the LED to start flashing I can trigger any of the 4 scene values for the corresponding button. It will not work before or after the flashing LED resulting in an impossibly narrow window to activate a scene.

I turned on Z-Wave command logging and the first press only sends a battery report. The second press while the LED is flashing sends a battery report again and a central scene value.

I really wish I knew why some are seeing the device behave differently as this really doesn't seem to be a plug-in issue. This would be a nice control if it worked, but it is almost useless as it is.
        I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I use the homeseer usb controller and you use a z-net. It is just about the only thing left to consider. What could possibly be different? I don't have a z-net so I can't help there.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I use the homeseer usb controller and you use a z-net. It is just about the only thing left to consider. What could possibly be different? I don't have a z-net so I can't help there.
          It is not a controller issue or an HS issue. It is clear by the LED activity what it is doing. A single press of any key starts the LED flashing rapidly after 3 seconds and the unit sends a battery report. A second press while the LED is flashing results in a double short flash confirmation and the central scene is sent.

When you press a single button on yours once and the central scene is transmitted, what does your LED do?

Comment

Reading through the manual I found this. Looking at step 3 seems to say the LED is indicating that the scene is not valid, yet a second press creates a double flash and a central scene transmission which is not described. Mine flashes rapidly 6 times after the first press.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	1192659

Comment

Here is a video of how the remote functions in my system. This is the replacement, the first one was the same.

Comment

Reading through the manual I found this. Looking at step 3 seems to say the LED is indicating that the scene is not valid, yet a second press creates a double flash and a central scene transmission which is not described. Mine flashes rapidly 6 times after the first press.

[ATTACH]63854[/ATTACH]
                When I included it again today I pressed the "L" button and it went in ok and created the 2 child devices. I also noticed that the LED kept blinking for a few seconds after the screen showed it was done including, so I waited until the led quit before I closed.

When I press a button it only flashes once and the command is very fast to complete. I am using easy trigger also in my scenes.

It gives a battery report and then executes the command. Only 1 sec between.

Comment

When I included it again today I pressed the "L" button and it went in ok and created the 2 child devices. I also noticed that the LED kept blinking for a few seconds after the screen showed it was done including, so I waited until the led quit before I closed.

When I press a button it only flashes once and the command is very fast to complete. I am using easy trigger also in my scenes.

It gives a battery report and then executes the command. Only 1 sec between.
                  As you can see in the video above, mine doesn't work that way. Easy Trigger would only come into play if the device reports correctly.

Comment

As you can see in the video above, mine doesn't work that way. Easy Trigger would only come into play if the device reports correctly.
                    I saw the video. Mine only blinks once per press as I said. I am going to try including/excluding it again tomorrow and make sure I am not missing something. I only brought up easy trigger to give you as much info as I could.

Comment

I went ahead and did another exclude/include.

1. the led does blink twice in succession. first time for which button pressed and the second for a battery report
                      2. both child devices were created again
                      3. the only thing I have left to try is to check the little slide switch on the back and make sure it is fully in the up position or OP

Other than the above I am out of suggestions.

Comment

I went ahead and did another exclude/include.

1. the led does blink twice in succession. first time for which button pressed and the second for a battery report
                        2. both child devices were created again
                        3. the only thing I have left to try is to check the little slide switch on the back and make sure it is fully in the up position or OP

Other than the above I am out of suggestions.
                        I am fairly sure it is something different in the units I am getting. One thought might be the firmware versions of yours versus mine. If the firmware is the same, I'm thinking there may be some setting by parameter or a series of button presses that changes the behavior. Here is the info on the unit I have:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1192667

Comment

I am fairly sure it is something different in the units I am getting. One thought might be the firmware versions of yours versus mine. If the firmware is the same, I'm thinking there may be some setting by parameter or a series of button presses that changes the behavior. Here is the info on the unit I have:

[ATTACH]63863[/ATTACH]
                          Here is what I get for info. I also played around with it before I got it to work again and remember pressing "W" first then "L" then hit start. Couldn't tell you if that made a difference or not.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is what I get for info. I also played around with it before I got it to work again and remember pressing "W" first then "L" then hit start. Couldn't tell you if that made a difference or not.
                            Since they are both the same it makes me more suspicious that this is some sort of configuration of the device. Since there seems to be no direct support for Remotec in the US, I will email them in Hong Kong.

Comment

Since they are both the same it makes me more suspicious that this is some sort of configuration of the device. Since there seems to be no direct support for Remotec in the US, I will email them in Hong Kong.
                              Take a close look at the manual where it talks about it being a primary or secondary controller. Secondary controller says it is used for triggering pre-defined scenes thru the gateway.

Does it need to configured as a secondary? "W" + "R" until led lights up then I assume wait until led goes off. I pushed a lot of combinations of those 3 buttons so who knows if I did this or not to make it work.

update: looks like that is used to transfer all info from primary to a second 90us so not going to help.

Comment

Take a close look at the manual where it talks about it being a primary or secondary controller. Secondary controller says it is used for triggering pre-defined scenes thru the gateway.

Does it need to configured as a secondary? "W" + "R" until led lights up then I assume wait until led goes off. I pushed a lot of combinations of those 3 buttons so who knows if I did this or not to make it work.

update: looks like that is used to transfer all info from primary to a second 90us so not going to help.

Comment

Working...
                                X