sonos pluging 3.1.0.22 no discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sonos pluging 3.1.0.22 no discovery

struggling to add my sonos P1. Home seer does not seem to find the device. My guess is because my homeseer server is on a different subnet then the sonos itself. Is there a way to manually add sonos devices rather then use auto discovery?

found the answer in this thread... https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185856

Guess I am out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic860 View Post
      struggling to add my sonos P1. Home seer does not seem to find the device. My guess is because my homeseer server is on a different subnet then the sonos itself. Is there a way to manually add sonos devices rather then use auto discovery?
      If they are on different subnets, even adding them manually wouldn't work, the UPNP protocol is partly broadcast based which by definition is what subnetting tries to prevent.

Any reason why you run this in different subnets? If you have a PC connected to the subnet your players are at, you could run this PI remotely.

Dirk

Comment

I moved Homeseer over to the wifi network long enough to discover the Sonos then moved it back. So far everything seems to be functional even on different Vlan's. I guess I am good to go.

Comment

Working...
        X