diferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diferences

what is the diferences between the WAF-AB8SS and the AB8SS?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

They are by two different people - functional differences I cannot tell you because I do not have an AB8SS - hopefully somebody can. The WAF one is by David Kindred, with WAF standing for Wife Acceptance Factor, his revenue goes toward funds to take his wife out to dinner occasionally so that she will put up with his home automation habit. ;-)
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Unfortunately David doesn't support his WAF-AB8SS any more.
      Also this plugin is NOT ".NET" plugin.
      I'd go with one of Larry's plugins if I'd be you.

Marty

Comment

Both of these plugins come with a 30 day trials so I would download them and give each a whirl. I've not had a single problem running Davids. Also I'm not sure what difference it makes whether it's .net or not. The older asp pages and not .net scripts run just fine. I would say 80% of my stuff is still vbscript (.txt) files and all of my web pages are asp because aspx is so slow.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There are also two (free) script packages out there (as I was telling you earlier today, one is the .net one converted by James. He did this based on Steve's non-.net script package.

I use the WAF plugin, i trialled the HiTec homes one when it first came out. I liked it, it was very functional and solid. it was early in the development. The one thing I didn't like was that it would automatically turn all speakers off after a certain ammount of time of not speaking. This works great if all you are doing is TTS, but for music distribution it was annoying. I remember talking with Larry about that, and I think he was going to make an option for that to be disabled.
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
          X