Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Touch Samples that Work with SqueezeBox Player/Rxr

Phillipe,

We are a systems integrator in Costa Rica.
    We do integration work for hotels and restaurants.

Up until the SqueezeBox plug in we were not able to consider HS as way to control media players because we were limited to only one player as hosted on the HS server.

The fact that we can add multiple RXers to a single network and allow control of all RXers as indpendent sources makes the HS and SB plugin look real attractive.

We have started playing with HS Touch.

And we have seen some primitive examples that work with MediaPlayer or iTunes as music sources.

We are looking for a sample HS Touch XML file that can control the SB RXers. (we have already shown basic control of a RXer with Volume, Mute, Pause, next, Prev) However we want to see playlists, albums, genres, artists much as is demonstrated in the HS Touch Sample-Project.

The problem that we are facing is the the SB Plugin does not seem to let the SB RXers appear as "Music System" thus the basic control templates that have been created by HS to allow for viewing and navigation of media content does not seem to work.

I was wondering if you had any experience with HS Touch, and if so, do you have any examples of Touch Projects that will allow me to fully control the RXer's content?

Thanks in advance for your support:

PS: We are running the SB 1.6 beta plug in, and the latest/greatest SB abd SC using SqueezeBox Duet. (We have ordered SB RXer V1, V2, V3 for further testing)

I look forward to your reply.
    Sean Milligan

Sean,

Thank you for your interest. I no experience with HS Touch at this point (on my to do list) therefore cannot give you any guidance. Per suggestion from people at HomeSeer, the best approach to integrate with HS Touch would be for me to extend the plugin to support the HS2 multizone and music APIs, which I have not yet done. The current plugin focused more on using players as input/outputs for HS2 to display messages, HA control, IR support, etc rather than HS2 being a media navigation/control point. I hope that in the next few weeks I will have to time to explore HS Touch and will look more closely at SqueezeCenter integration but don't have anything at this point.

Philippe

Comment

Phillipe,
      Thanks for the reply.
      Do you feel that once you modify the SB plugin, you will be able to get metadata back to any client (web or HS Touch) that will show playlists, artists, etc as maintained in SqueezeCenter? Is this possible using the CLI interface?
      Thanks
      Sean

Comment

The music APIs require that you provide support for song lists, songs by artists, playlists, etc and select the one that you want to play; the SqueezeCenter CLI also supports similar APIs. I believe it will be possible to fulfill the request but I have not done fully scoped it to understand all potential issues. I hope to be able to start looking into this in the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X