HS3 equivalent for hs.PollDevice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 equivalent for hs.PollDevice?

At the moment I am running a hs.PollDevice for every device on the HSTouch screen I enter to be sure that the status displayed by HSTouch is up to date.
    Now that I am transitioning to HS3 I need to do the same thing for it. Does anyone know the hs.PollDevice equivalent for HS3?

Thanks in advance,

Martijn.

I don't know the first thing about polling devices but there is support in the device class (Status_Support, but it is a property to set not to get) and there is a function in the plugin (PollDevice) there appears to be no scripting call for it, you might want to put a Bugzilla report in to see if that is intentional or it has been forgotten about.

Comment

Thank you for the insight, I will go ahead and put a Bugzilla report.

Comment

In the meantime for Z-Wave devices you can poll individual devices from an HS3 event (Z-Wave Actions > Poll a node for status).

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
          In the meantime for Z-Wave devices you can poll individual devices from an HS3 event (Z-Wave Actions > Poll a node for status).

Paul..
          Good point, thanks for thinking with me.
          This could be a nice work around, I think the polling will take a little longer this way but its better than nothing.

Comment

You can also set a polling time on the Z-Wave device so it's always updated.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              You can also set a polling time on the Z-Wave device so it's always updated.
              I know, but I want to keep the polling by interval at a minimum to prevent Z-Wave health issue's. The way I used to do it the polling only takes place when the status is needed, which in turn keeps my Z-Wave network happy.

Comment

Working...
              X