www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old July 29th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Seer Deluxe

Z-wave devices stopped working yesturday, need help!

Hi,

I have a Win7 PC with HomeSeer 3 Pro Version 3.0.0.96 and Aeon Z-Stick II. A few days back I tested to install the 3.0.0.165 BETA of the Z-Wave plugin from the .150 I was using. It all seemed fine and everything was working as before. Nothing better, nothing worse.

Then yesturday my z-wave network collapsed.

When clicking my Aeon multi sensors root device I get this message:
2014-07-29 17:13:43 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Manage_ZWave error in getting all associations: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

And under the Z-wave tab, under "options for node 21" I get this message:
Error: Failed to get the node list for network 0161EB21. Node Number options cannot be displayed.

And when clicking one of my Fibaro wall plugs root devices in device manager I get:
2014-07-29 17:16:32 ~!~Error~!~Calling ConfigDevice in plugin Z-Wave:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

And there is no Z-wave tab there at all. And cannot control the wallplugs.

I tried restarting HS3 and pulling out the Z-stick, moving back to the .150 Z-stick plugin, uninstalling the .150 plugin and reinstalling it after restarting HS3. Tried to scan existing devices and restart all interface. Nothing fixes it.

Any ideas?
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:26 AM
OverSeer

First, shut down HS.
Go to your Data/Z-Wave folder and either delete or rename your Z-Wave.db
Restart HS.

When the Z-Wave plugin starts up, it will compare its list of devices against HS and rebuild the database.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
61 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, HAI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks for the tip, but sadly that did not work. I tried renaming the ZW_Devices.dat file as well, same non working responce.

Last edited by Agwan; July 29th, 2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old July 30th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

Any more idéas, my whole system is down because of this. Most of my units are z-wave based or depends on z-wave devices.
Old July 30th, 2014, 07:38 PM
OverSeer

Can you go back to .150 , remove the z-wave.db and restart HS? Might be worth a shot.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:56 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thats what I did last time. I moved back to .150 before I removed the files. Perhaps I should try to go to the beta again and try. But I have a feeling that will not do it.
Old July 31st, 2014, 04:02 AM
Seer Deluxe

Nope, that did not work either.

When I do the Z-wave node information where it lists all nodes all are marked "No Command Class Information Available." All types and IDs are 0x0.

Can the Z-stick be broken? How could I check it? The Z-stick does not have the no command class problem.

When checking the Z-wave Controller management, I see two networks now, I dont remember seeing that before. One has 14 nodes connected and it sais its the z-stick network. And then there is another that has this text "This network has no active interfaces enabled for it, and it has no objects or
HomeSeer devices tied to it. If this network will not be used again, please
use the functions at the end to remove this network and all associated
network data. (Restart the plug-in after removing the interface before
attempting the removal.)".
Old July 31st, 2014, 05:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

If I look at the Z-Wave.db I can find that two z-wave networks are mentioned. 0161EB21 and 0061EB21. But 0161EB21 seems to be a bad network, the Aeon Labs Z-stick is connected to the 0061EB21 network.

For some reason the network has been split.

Any ideas on what caused this or how it can be fixed. Clearly the Z-Wave.db is not created correctly after I delete it.

Is there for instance a way to go back to some backup for what the z-wave plugin is syncing to? So that I use an older database to sync with.

Last edited by Agwan; July 31st, 2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old August 1st, 2014, 04:33 PM
Seer Deluxe

Any more ideas? My whole system is still down. I dont know what to do. I dont want to loose all settings and configurations by reinstalling and then to notice it did not help.
Old August 1st, 2014, 04:49 PM
OverSeer

On out of ideas on this. Is there a zwave.INI file that has the network list in it?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
Old August 5th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

I cant find that INI file.

How can I move forward with this? There must be a way to fix this without removing the whole z-wave network and reinstall everything. I have units all over, under the fridge, dishwasher, in the rent out apartment in the house, behind the light switches in the walls. I cant reach all of them without days of work.

Please help me!
Old August 5th, 2014, 03:32 PM
OverSeer

Yeah, I'm not sure... Let me check my setup tonight when I am home and see if I can find where the network name is stored.
Old August 5th, 2014, 08:47 PM
OverSeer

In your Config folder, there is a Z-Wave.ini file that has the network information in it.
You can edit it manually, just make sure HS is shut down.

Make backups! I've never done this before, but it seems like its worth a shot when compared to rebuilding your entire network.

Let us know...
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:56 PM
OverSeer

Also, if you haven't done so yet, I would log a high priority Bugzilla and call HS as well.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old August 6th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks for your help. I tried editing the file, I removed the information about the extra network, but when restarting HS3 it updated the file to contain the information again.

That means it is taking its information from some other database, or I need to change all databases at the same time.

I guess the thing is that there are a lot of devices (all root devices) that are connected to this split out network. I need to merge them together again.
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:21 AM
OverSeer

HS Logo

For this to have happened in the first place, something bad is going on with the Z-Stick apparently. This should not happen unless there is some corruption during replication, or if the interface was Erased, or if you did a restore after editing one of the .ZWave files. Those are the only times that the HomeID can be changed, AND that is only possible if your Z-Stick has the installer library, and most of them do not (Aeon created an installer library version, but it did not appear correct to us originally, so they never released it - it does work though.)

So here are the problems - so many things have happened since the original mishap that it is unlikely that it can be recovered such that you do not lose anything - events that reference Z-Wave devices will certainly have to be re-created or edited.

The first thing to do is to figure out which HomeID is the right one, and if the controller is not coming up when initialized with the right HomeID, why is that happening. HomeIDs as I mentioned earlier do not change on their own. The devices in your home should not be affected, so the good news is that if we can get your controller back to being the HomeID that it once was, you will be all set.

I recommend restarting/resetting the interface, if you have not already done that. Do not erase it, but use the controller management page to restart it. Then, shut down HS3 or the plug-in, and restart that, and see how the controller comes up and which HomeID that it has.

If the plug-in finds HomeSeer devices that do not have corresponding information in the Z-Wave database, it will try to read information from the HomeSeer device to re-create the information in the Z-Wave database. If this is successful, then you only have to do a rescan to help the Z-Wave database get populated with some of the other device details not stored in the HomeSeer devices. Conversely, if there is information in the controller about nodes that do not have corresponding HomeSeer devices, then an Import will re-create those.

So once the controller is straightened out, the rest can be fixed. We just need to know for certain which HomeID is the one that all of your devices have. It will be good to also know what type of controller library you have so we know what options exist for fixing things. If there was TEMPORARY corruption and the plug-in got a bad reading for the HomeID, that is how you will have another HomeID appearing in the networks list. We can remove the invalid network later. So after you restart the interface and restart HS3/plug-in, go to the controller management page, and under your controller interface, expand the controller node information and provide that info to me either in email or here, and that will help sort things out too.

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")
Old August 13th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Seer Deluxe

Ok, so I went to the PLUG-INS->Z-Wave->Controller Management and opened my Z-Wave interface drop down thing (Name: Z-Wave Interface).

I executed the action "Restart All Interfaces connected to HomeSeer" (clicked start, then after a while clicked close). Closed the browser window. Closed HS3. Restarted HS3.

This is what I found uynder "Controller Node Information"
Home ID: 0061EB21 (Valid) Node: 1 INIT Status Mode Lib Version Lib Type ok On Another Network Z-Wave 2.78 Static Controller API Version Capabilities Z-Wave IC Transmit Queue 5 SIS, Other Network ZW0301 0 Nodes in the Controller 1, 4, 5, 8, 12, 14, 19, 24, 25, 28, 29, 31, 32, 33 Counters Since Startup Request Frames Response Frames App Frames Waiting 0 19 0

So it is as I thought the 0061EB21 that is the correct network then? And the 0161EB21 I also have that for some reason was read wrong at some time. Just one 0 that turned to a 1. All the root devices is connected to this 0161EB21 network, all the childs to 0061EB21.

I earlier tried to do "Remove Network" under the controller management tab of the 0161EB21network, its the one of the two networks that has a button next to it that sais "Renove Network". It did not work, it sais it has connections to it or something like that, dontw remember exactly since this was a few days ago.

So, how do I proceed?
Old August 13th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

And which Z-Wave plugin should I continue with? .150 that I went back to or the BETA .168?
Old August 13th, 2014, 12:07 PM
OverSeer

OK, assuming that the interface is on the correct HomeID as what all of the devices have, then correcting this should just be doing an Import from the controller management page so that it fixes and/or rebuilds whatever devices are necessary. Any device that shows a HomeID that is the wrong one AFTER the import can be deleted. The devices fixed/re-created after the import that show the proper HomeID should be able to be controlled.

How did you start this network in the first place? I ask because your controller's HomeID was set by transferring from another controller, which is why it says "On Other Network". Did you have a different controller (perhaps handheld) originally? If the interface controller got into a bad state, then perhaps the 01 HomeID (the bad one) is its true HomeID - the one it would revert to if it were erased (fully reset).

At any rate, let's hope it does not happen again because without the installer library, there is very little that can be done to bring it back from the dead if it happens to jump HomeIDs again.
Old August 13th, 2014, 12:11 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agwan View Post
And which Z-Wave plugin should I continue with? .150 that I went back to or the BETA .168?
.150 should be fine - I have not put much into that version as Rich has, but one thing Rich did was to speed up transmission of Z-Wave signals. Whether that change has anything to do with what happened I do not know (but I doubt it) but you do not want to risk anything right now by trying a beta version no matter how stable it may appear. Get your network back in working order, make sure it stays that way for a while, and then consider trying a beta release again by which time we should have discovered if anybody else has an issue with that version. I have not even updated the version in my own house (production) environment yet because I have been busy with other things, but I planned on doing that today, so I will get some experience first-hand.