Developer wanted for Pentair pool control integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developer wanted to write HS plug-in to integrate HS with Pentair pool controller.

Background:
    Pentair is the largest manufacturer of pool equipment incl. pool controllers.
    They provide serial ( RS232) interface to their controller as well as decently documented protocol.
    http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/i-LinkUG.pdf

Benefits:
    Integration with HS will allow HS events to drive pool/SPA/water features. For example why running a waterfall if no one is around to look. Save energy and start the waterfall only when someone walks by - motion sensor trigger.

Business:
    I will be your first client if you develop the plug-in. Due to the wide spread of Pentair controllers I believe that many will follow. Average Pentair pool equipment (pumps, filters, controller, valves) costs $5,000. The serial interface to Pentair system costs $500. After all these expenses I do believe that a pool owner with HS system would shell $99 for plug-in to HS.

Did you every find someone to write scripts for this??
    Last edited by CharlieWayne; December 10, 2012, 02:59 PM.
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I developed my own HW interface to a Pentair easytouch system.

It can control all functions of the easytouch system. I also have a HS plugin interface and a HTML5 iPhone/ipad app.

It is about $80 of HW. Could be done for a lot less using an arduino if I was going to do it again.

Contact me if you have any interest.

Comment

me too

I would shell out $99 for a HomeSeer plugin which would talk the Pentair RS-485 protocol directly. For me, all I need are the pump on, pump off, set pump speed/flow commands from HS to the IntelliFlo VS/VF line of pumps.

Looks like its been mostly reverse engineered:

http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/1...s485-protocol/

http://cocoontech.com/forums/files/f...ab014sharezip/

Comment

I have been running my pool from homeseer for 2 years now. I have a netduino connected to the RS485 bus and run a simple script from HS to control the pool system. Let me know if you are interested in this type of hookup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Re: Developer wanted for Pentair pool control integration

Is your script simple or ???

I don't know much about scripts so with yours what can be controlled within the pool equipment?

Do you use a pool automation controller such as one of these?

Can you tell us about your hardware set up and limits of this interface.

Thanks for your offer. Our local but statewide pool supply is offering free 3 yr warranty on VS pumps and have been long looking at Pent air.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

What pentair poolsystem do you have?

If you have a Compool Cp36xx, I have a plugin that you can use if you hook up your HS PC via RS485 to the control system.
              Dirk

Comment

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/s...plugin-for-hs4

Comment

Working...
                X