This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Number of Rings to Answer After:" Resets to 1

I have this problem with HSPhone software: In setup for the phone, I set "Number of Rings to Answer After: 5." For no apparent reason, on its own, it occasionally sets itself back to 1 ring. Anyone else see this?

Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I have never seen that happen. I've been using W2C for quite a few years on both HS2 and now HS3.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      I have never seen that happen. I've been using W2C for quite a few years on both HS2 and now HS3.
      Thanks. I've been using W2C for many years, too, starting with HS2 and migrating to HS3PRO. This problem is relatively recent. Weird.

Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

answer after 5 rings

Richel, i have the same problem with my way2call. I have not had it in service for a while and today i tried it again and it wont let me reset the number of rings to answer below 5. Did you ever get an answer?
        Thanks Dave...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
          Richel, i have the same problem with my way2call. I have not had it in service for a while and today i tried it again and it wont let me reset the number of rings to answer below 5. Did you ever get an answer?
          Thanks Dave...
          Dave: I did not get a solution to this problem.
          Elliott

Comment

Thanks. If I do I will let you know.

Comment

Unable to change number of rings to answer

Just put my way2call unit back into service and I can get it to answer however I am unable to get the number of rings to answer to change. Mine is default to 5. I changed it in the setup for the way2call to 3 and check the ini file but when I try to call in, in the log it says will answer this caller in 5 rings. This is too late since my other answer system answers in 5. I am using HS3Pro 3.0.0.368 and have had no updates for a while. Any ideas as to why this changed? When I used to use way2call in the past I was able to reset the number of rings to 3 or 4 with no problem.

Comment

Did this get resolved?

Comment

Never did get an answer. I have since retired my way2call unit.

Comment

Working...
                  X