Inexpensive Z-wave remote ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR4296 View Post
    Hmmm... seems like, instead of buying a 4 button ZWave remote, I'd spend almost the same amount of money to buy an Amazon Echo Dot, but I'd gain more from the purchase than just the ability to trigger 4 events. My wife would probably LOVE being able to turn on and off lights by VOICE.

Thanks!
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    The one thing to consider is your bedroom and use there. If for example you have a heating blanket automated like I do, and you wake up in the middle of the night and want to turn it on, with a remote you can do so without having to wake up your partner by saying "Alexa..."

Robert
    I do keep a PalmPad remote on my nightstand anyway, just in case the internet is down. Alexa has a brain fart if there isnt any internet.

Comment

Echo Dot

Just wanted to let everyone know that I went and bought an Echo Dot (Gen 2) yesterday... as Best Buy sent me an email talking about a Clearance Sale, but I noticed the email also mentioned $10 off anything Amazon.

Then, I went to order it for local pickup right away, and discovered that I had $30 in Best Buy Bonus Cash lying there, due to expire next month. (I'm sure that was due to our appliance purchases last month, but nobody told me I'd be getting that.)

So, I ended up getting one for $10 plus tax !

Based on my wife's reaction last night, I anticipate a high "Wife-Acceptance-Factor" for this device!

I already have Homeseer Integrated, though I need to rename a device and remove some that no longer exist. A basic test of Alexa in turning off a Zwave lamp module in the house last night worked fine (though it didn't seem to dim it when I told it too).

Thanks!

-= Dave =-

Comment

Wall switches?

Not to change the subject, but do any of you have experience with a good model of Zwave-enabled wall switches /dimmers? Gonna hunt for the kind that looks like a normal switch and not on of those big rocker thingies.

Comment

Originally posted by DR4296 View Post
          Not to change the subject, but do any of you have experience with a good model of Zwave-enabled wall switches /dimmers? Gonna hunt for the kind that looks like a normal switch and not on of those big rocker thingies.
          Sorry I don't have experience with these yet but do plan on picking up some Zooz toggle type switch as they are cost effective. As well the V2 models report status instantly.

You'll get more views and answers if you post your question in the Z-Wave or General HA sub-forums.

Comment

did you look at these. I have used these for quite some time I like them. HS used to sell them, I couldn't find them on the site .

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008VWAPU4...a-353650177132
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
            BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
            DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

The aeotec remote is $37.95, the ZRC-90 is $44.99 and you get eight individual switches in the one remote. I have three of them spread around the house and they're awesome.

Comment

Working...
              X