Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Frame2 - WAF above 0 needed - can somebody help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making progress Another error now

Thanks Wim for the prompt response.
    Did everything and now I'm getting this error

Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/Jowi_PictureRandom/EETopMain.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
      Thanks Wim for the prompt response.
      Did everything and now I'm getting this error

Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/Jowi_PictureRandom/EETopMain.jpg
      RI2,

The directory D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\Jowi_PictureRandom should have been created by the script and be accessible from HS2. I think you have to check if the directory is available in your installation and if you - and HS2 can access it. Are you running HS2 as a service maybe?
      If HS2 is running as a service you might have to change the access rights to this directory.
      If the directory does not excist you could create it by hand and retry.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Almost there

Yes, indeed the directory WAS created however under slightly different name

D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\Jowi_Picture_Random

instead of

D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\Jowi_PictureRandom

what a difference one underscore makes :-)

Actually in order to help others I will pull this info in a separate reply and put it in the headline so that people see it easily.

Your wonderful script does work as intended and I do see the pictures at the above URL. I see different picture when I refresh after 10 sec. wait (for testing purposes my recurring rate for your script is 10 sec.) I conclude that your script is working properly and doing its job.

However I fell miserably making the pictures appearing on my iPad or the desktop HST client. I red carefully this thread and tried everything described here. The best I can get so far is to have a single picture on the screen most of the time and sporadic slideshow at unpredictable pace not even close to the 10 sec. recurring speed set at HomeSeer for testing.

Here is my current setting

At HomeSeer

Run event recurring every 10 sec. that runs your script only
        (not simulating "press" at HST, since this either makes thing worse or has no effect)

At HST

Screen: photoframe
        Element: Image,
        Name: Image (should I name it Picture as you did)
        Ignore presses: True ( tried False and the picture doesn't show at all)
        Is video: True
        Isvideo refresh rate: 1
        Ismain: true

With this setting (ignore presses) I was wondering also how do I get to my other screens/menus.

Thanks,

RI2

Comment

Important ! Extra _ in the name

The script creates directory

Jowi_Picture_Random

It has extra underscore compared to Jowi_PictureRandom, which some postings here refer to.
          This goes in your HST server setting for image URL

http://<your web server address here>/Jowi_Picture_Random/EETopMain.jpg

Enjoy !

RI2

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            But I will start a new thread for the HS3 version as it might save confusion.
            Hi Wim,

I was looking for the HS3 version, but am having trouble finding it. Can you post the link to it?

Thanks
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here is my current setting

At HomeSeer

Run event recurring every 10 sec. that runs your script only
              (not simulating "press" at HST, since this either makes thing worse or has no effect)

At HST

Screen: photoframe
              Element: Image,
              Name: Image (should I name it Picture as you did)
              Ignore presses: True ( tried False and the picture doesn't show at all)
              Is video: True
              Isvideo refresh rate: 1
              Ismain: true

With this setting (ignore presses) I was wondering also how do I get to my other screens/menus.

Thanks,

RI2
              RI2,

setting it to change every 10 seconds is quite high. Not sure you will like this as there is always some delay with executing the event and the actual change on HSTouch.

You will need to simulate the press in the event, otherwise the picture will not refresh by itself.

I made a copy of my current designer settings as well as my current event. When I posted the description there was a different HSTouch and it needed different settings. For one thing isvideo is not needed anymore.

I hope these copies will help you?

Wim
              Attached Files
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                Hi Wim,

I was looking for the HS3 version, but am having trouble finding it. Can you post the link to it?

Thanks
                Al
                Al,

You are right, I promised to have the HS3 version on the board. I forgot all about that because I was to preoccupied with my plugin. I will publush it this weekend, need to do some cleaning in the code...

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Weird

Wim,

Thanks for the support and cooperation.
                  This is HSTouch 1.0.76 issue for sure.
                  Your script works flawlessly and delivers crisp images formatted to the proper size.
                  The HS and HST settings you propose are the ones I started with and now I went full circle trying everything else possible. I'm back to square 1 again this time supported by your working case. After copying your HST setup and recurring HS event I do see only one "old" picture on the screen of my iPad that doesn't change. This picture is from my testing set of dozen of pictures but is NOT the current picture at the target URL
                  http://192.168.1.127:82/Jowi_Picture.../EETopMain.jpg,

NOR it is the picture at the URL when the iPhone app started. It is stubbornly there no matter how many times I re-start the app. I even powered cycle the iPad and guess what the damn picture won't disappear or change.

Do you specify any action in "ActionsWhenReleased" line of HSTouch?

I tried with no action at all and I tried action "show another screen" (same screen actually) and I tried action "set URL" setting the same URL that is already there. Nothing worked.

Yes, I did increase the recurring interval of the event to 2 minutes.
                  I'm using the latest version of HST app for my iPad. My iPad's OS is the one supported by the HST app. I'm using also the latest revisions of HST server xx.60 and HST designer 1.0.76

I'm frustrated fighting "ghosts" here and I'm sure the "ghost" is buggy HSTouch software.

RI2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                    Al,

You are right, I promised to have the HS3 version on the board. I forgot all about that because I was to preoccupied with my plugin. I will publush it this weekend, need to do some cleaning in the code...

Wim
                    Great, thanks!
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Wim,

I'm frustrated fighting "ghosts" here and I'm sure the "ghost" is buggy HSTouch software.

RI2
                      I checked for the actions as it was a long time ago I created this.Indeed there is an action defined in my configuration. Set it long ago. I never tried this for an Ipad though, so that is yours to confirm if it is working

Wim
                      Attached Files
                      -- Wim

Comment

Hidden attribute ?

Hi Wim,

Yes, I tried the URL action in "actionwhenreleased" with no success.

After spending good 6 hours today fighting this problem I was thinking if it is possible that your script creates some attribute to the picture that makes it "sticky" for the HST. I'm not technical enough to analyse myself. I went as far as to remove "Pinterest" plug-in from my Google browser because I was getting suspicious that it may mess with your images when I watch them in the browser.
                        If you are interested I can send you the URL privately using the mail feature of this forum, so that you take a look at the actual pictures produced by your script in my environment.

Thanks,

RI2

HS2 Pro, 500 devices, 520 events, over 120 custom scripts
                        too many to easily upgrade to HS3. Holding for now.

Comment

Shared folder source of pics

Hi Wim,

Another problem that I experienced today was inability to use network shared folder as a source of the pictures.

I've put this in your .ini file

PictureDirectory=\\computer\Users\Public\Pictures\2009-06-09

I restarted HS and yet your plug-in was using the pictures stored at C:/Foto not from the shared direcory.

I tried the link by entering it in the Windows Explorer address line and sure enough it opened the folder and showed all pictures available. So it is not an issue of permissions or misspelling.

Do I need to change something else in your .ini or .vb files?

Thanks,

RI2

Comment

RI2,

If the picture is changing in the correct directory then the script is working. As you said,you can even see the picture folowing a HTPP link to it, so it is accessable. As for the script everything is ok then.

Challenge is that I never tested this for an iPad. Do you have a windows client to test this? As I am using a windows client and it is working there with these settings I am starting to expect the the apple client is responding different .....

As for accessing a shared folder, I am also using a shared folder without issues. One difference though for me, as I am using HS3 I am using an updated version, but I would not expect this to be an issue. You should not need to change anything for it,other then setting the line. It will use this directory and all subfolders beneath it.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

iPad app is the problem

Hi Wim,

1. You are correct. It works perfectly in the Windows HST Client when I use your proposed settings in the HST Server.

The best I can get with the iPad app is somewhat of a slide show when I use "isVideo=true" and Refresh rate=120. I say "somewhat" because it has some problems that I will list and explain if someone is interested.

2. I'm still not able to get source photos from shared directory on another computer over the LAN.

I looked at your script and it seems that for some reason it doesn't get the info from .ini file. Instead it falls back on the defaults which for the picture source is C:\Foto. My .ini file is in the config directory and below is a copy.

Actually this explains why your script created directory

JOWI_Picture_Random

Instead the one specified in the .ini file

JOWI_PictureRandom

The first one has extra _ and it is the "fall back" Directory in case the script doesn't find it in the .ini file.

Of course I'm not a programmer anymore (used to be one long time ago) and I could be wrong. If you have another suggestion I'll be happy to follow your advise how to make the script read photos from a shared directory on the local network.

Thanks,

RI2

[Settings]
                              '
                              ' Set PictureDirectory to the root of the directory holding original pictures
                              '
                              PictureDirectory=\\OFFICE\Users\Public\Pictures\2009-06-09
                              '
                              ' WebDirectory should hold the name of the directory HSTouch will be accessing
                              ' to show the resized picture.
                              ' The path to the HTML directory of HS is determined by the script itself.
                              ' If this directory does not exist, it will be created for you.
                              '
                              ' If you use an different webserver then HS, you will have to edit the script (set
                              _pathOutputImage)
                              '
                              WebDirectory=JOWI_PictureRandom

[Displays]
                              EETopMain=768,1024
                              EETopExtra=200,170
                              HTCMain=150,140

Comment

RI2,

With the IPad part I cannot be of much help. I hope someone is following this discussion who found a work around to this issue, as I am not able to test myself.

On the second part, it is now sure the script is not correctly finding the ini file, and that is probably also why it won't read your network directory for pictures as well as creating the html subdirectory wrongly. I know you mentioned the config directory but you will have to double check on it?

The ini file should be in the "homeseer installation dir"\Config\ directory and named Jowi_PictureRandom.ini (watch that underscore again...)

The other option would be changing the script to use "\\OFFICE\Users\Public\Pictures\2009-06-09" as default instead of the "C:\Foto".

Wim
                                -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                                X