No announcement yet.

UltraLighting3 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, thanks for trying I'll try and be patient. Unfortunately I need to run both interfaces on my PC.

I tried IFTTT and it is hit or miss with some serious lag when it does work no matter with method I try.

Will

Comment

What is the best, easiest and fastest way to make an (original) LiFX bulb blink in a certain color three times?

The bulb is off before and after the blinks.

(This is actually very easy using IFTTT, but I'd like even quicker notifications. This is our notification light. It blinks in different colors depending on what is happening, purple for daughter 1 crying, green for daughter 2 crying, blue for doorbell, red for dryer, yellow for washing machine, you get the idea).
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        What is the best, easiest and fastest way to make an (original) LiFX bulb blink in a certain color three times?

The bulb is off before and after the blinks.

(This is actually very easy using IFTTT, but I'd like even quicker notifications. This is our notification light. It blinks in different colors depending on what is happening, purple for daughter 1 crying, green for daughter 2 crying, blue for doorbell, red for dryer, yellow for washing machine, you get the idea).
        You'll use an action of UltraLighting3 HSPI - Set Waveform. I'll need to add options to the Set Waveform action to turn the lamp on at the start of the effect and to turn lamp off at the end of an effect.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
          ok, thanks for trying I'll try and be patient. Unfortunately I need to run both interfaces on my PC.

I tried IFTTT and it is hit or miss with some serious lag when it does work no matter with method I try.

Will
          Still waiting for my HomeTroller S6... In the mean time, can you provide me information on how you have your HomeSeer system connected to 2 networks at the same time? Are they attached to the same subnet or different subnets?
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            You'll use an action of UltraLighting3 HSPI - Set Waveform. I'll need to add options to the Set Waveform action to turn the lamp on at the start of the effect and to turn lamp off at the end of an effect.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            UltraLighting3 HSPI was just updated to version 3.0.5876.36204. It adds an option to turn the lamp on before blinking the light. See screenshot for an example.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Attached Files

Comment

Still waiting for my HomeTroller S6... In the mean time, can you provide me information on how you have your HomeSeer system connected to 2 networks at the same time? Are they attached to the same subnet or different subnets?
              Different subnets and quite a hodge-podge collection that functions remarkably well.

My PC Ethernet card runs on my local LAN on 10.17.0.x network that interfaces with a WatchGuard firewall that supports a remote VPN for a remote office. It is my IP provider gateway that I also use for homeseer webserver.

My PC wifi adaptor, has no gateway setup and is running a static IP from my Cisco wifi router in my home. The router currently provides my family with wifi on a 192.168.1.x network for multiple devices. It also handles my HS3 wifi devices such as your Ultramon plug in, my remaining X-10 control (via wireless serial adaptor and XTB-232 controller) and X-10 wireless motion sensors and remote control still running well on homeseer. And of course recently, my new Lifx lamps.

If I disable the Ethernet adaptor the plug in works great on the wifi but not the other way around.

I hope this makes sense and helps. I am not an IT guy. I just plug in devices and troubleshoot using the web if they don't work.

Comment

UltraLighting3 HSPI was just updated to version 3.0.5876.36204. It adds an option to turn the lamp on before blinking the light. See screenshot for an example.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Perfect!
                I'll try this tonight.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

How much of a delay is there between when HS sends the command to the bulb and when it responds? We have some lower quality z-wave bulbs that we're using now to signal alarm status and want to switch over to lifx if possible. If there is very little delay, this could be the solution.

Comment

The delay between I press "on" and the LIFX bulb responds, is very little. Almost no delay at all.

However, it takes a while for the status in HS to update, but that's no biggie.

Comment

Excellent. With my current z-wave bulbs, I'm seeing about a 2-3 second delay. When using these to signal home alarm status, I'm not terribly worried that it may take a little longer before HS receives the status back from the light. These are typically going to be completely automated and controller by HS anyway, so I'm not too concerned with notification back to HS.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                        Excellent. With my current z-wave bulbs, I'm seeing about a 2-3 second delay. When using these to signal home alarm status, I'm not terribly worried that it may take a little longer before HS receives the status back from the light. These are typically going to be completely automated and controller by HS anyway, so I'm not too concerned with notification back to HS.
                        If you are seeing 2-3 seconds delay with a Z-wave bulb, I would first try to optimize the network. That is not normal!

Comment

I have a lot going on when triggering these lights. The initial trigger is unlocking a lock and if the alarm is armed, then change the bulb red. That works in about 1 second. Then under certain conditions after the lock is unlocked, the alarm will be disarmed. I have another rule that will turn the bulb green when the alarm is disarmed. By the time the light turns green, it's been about 2-3 seconds. I wasn't clear about this time in my previous post.

It sounds like the LIFX bulbs will respond just as fast or faster with this plug-in and the only thing is not getting the status updated immediately back to HS if the bulb is changed outside of HS. This isn't a problem in my situation since these bulbs will mainly be used for notification and mood lighting controlled by HS.

Comment

How to set white mode and dim?

I'm trying to set my LIFX to white 3200K and then brightness to 40%. The bulb will initially go to 3200K with the brightness set to whatever the last brightness was, but then when I set the brightness to 40%, the bulb dims and changes to red.

How do you get the bulb to 40% brightness and keep the white 3200K?

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                              I'm trying to set my LIFX to white 3200K and then brightness to 40%. The bulb will initially go to 3200K with the brightness set to whatever the last brightness was, but then when I set the brightness to 40%, the bulb dims and changes to red.

How do you get the bulb to 40% brightness and keep the white 3200K?
                              That's odd, I have not experienced that issue yet. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're doing so I can attempt to duplicate it?

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

It doesn't look like it's always red that the light changes to. I think it's the last color that the bulb was set to. I've been playing with my lights and had them green earlier, and now when I run the attached event, it turns on, changes to 3200K and then changes to green while dimming to 40%.

Also, I noticed that when including an "over timespan" or fade like in the screenshot, I need to add a HS wait equal to the fade time of the previous action before firing the next action. The first screen shot doesn't have any waits and so everything fires at the same time and there is no fading and the bulb then does the last action in the list (dim to 40% and change green).

In the second screenshot, there are waits, and the bulb goes through it's sequence correctly, but then still does the dimming to 40% and then changes to the last color at the same time.

I've PMd you a video of both events firing so you can see the bulb during the events. In both cases, when the bulb first turns on, it retains the last color that was set (this is ok as I believe it's designed this way), then ends up green and dimmed to 40% (this is where it should remain the 3200K).

Would you be able to automatically add a wait that's equal to the "over timespan" after the action so that when adding another action, it won't get sent at the same time?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X