Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New zee s2 problems..

Hallo.

I just bought a new Homeseer zee s2 and when i try to set it up but i have two problems that i can't fix.

1. i live in Israel when i set the location to Israel the sunrise and the sunset are wrong and nothing i do will fix it.

2. i can set the network to use static ip every time is set it up it reset to that same ip it was with the the dhcp option.

anyone...?

Originally posted by smargi View Post
    Hallo.

I just bought a new Homeseer zee s2 and when i try to set it up but i have two problems that i can't fix.

1. i live in Israel when i set the location to Israel the sunrise and the sunset are wrong and nothing i do will fix it.

2. i can set the network to use static ip every time is set it up it reset to that same ip it was with the the dhcp option.

anyone...?

Hi

For question 1, HomeSeer has the sign on the longitude reversed. It's always been this way and never fixed. E.g. You might live at Lat 31.76 & Lon 35.21. In HS you would need to enter that as Lat 31.76 and Lon -35.21

For question 2, have you tried reserving the desired IP address in your router?
    cheeryfool

Comment

hi..

1. i can't see the option in the zee s2 linux hs3 version to enter the longitude manually it's automatically entered and gray.

2. i did use the router to reserve the ip for the zee and it work but i don't want to router to control the my devices static ip i want to enter them manually for the devices and for what there is an option in the setup menu if it's not working...?

Comment

Originally posted by smargi View Post
        Hallo.

anyone...?
        For number 1 did you set your time zone on you unit as well?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

hi..

first thanks for the help.

1. i did what you Recommended about the latitude and it work now i have the correct time zone and the correct sunrise and sunset.. just wondering how is the homeseer a software that is been in the market for a couple of years now can get to display the correct timezone and the correct sunrise sunset and you have to put them manually..

2, about the static ip how do i edit the /etc/network/interfaces file so i can use the static ip option..?

Comment

here is a good step-by-step of how to edit the interfaces file:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/suppor...id=gn_loc_drop

Comment

#1 It's just a glitch from the first version of the Zee as mentioned by cherryfool above.

#2 Do you have an RPi-3 running Jessie?

I had an issue as Jessie's network configuration is different from Wheezy. Here is a quickie clip and paste relating to the difference.

Somewhere along the way an upgrade modified my /etc/network/interfaces file with the 'manual' word instead of dhcp or static and I ended up with two IP addresses, my static one and a dhcp address. I finally had time to play with it and found out that dhcpcd5 works differently than whatever was in it before. To get just your static address, do not modify /etc/network/interfaces. Put back the 'manual' word if you changed it and instead modify /etc/dhcpcd.conf as shown in the example from the docs:

Configures a static value. If you set ip_address then dhcpcdwill not attempt to obtain a lease and just use the value for the
              address with an infinite lease time. Here is an example which configures a static address, routes and dns.
              Code:
              interface eth0
                                 static ip_address=192.168.0.10/24
                                 static routers=192.168.0.1
                                 static domain_name_servers=192.168.0.1
              BTW FYI - Here utilized the default Jessie OS build as posted on the RPi site. It is a bit too GUI centric which will steal a bit of thunder from Homeseer Zee 2 (HS3 Lite) running.

Personally what I did was run raspi-config and make a change advanced options / memory split to 16 and made two changes to the etc/dphys-swapfile file which by default for my RPi2 creates a 99 mb swap file to 1024 mb swap file. Note that these values might be different on the RPi3.

Code:
              # where we want the swapfile to be, this is the default
              [B]CONF_SWAPFILE=/var/swap[/B]

# set size to absolute value, leaving empty (default) then uses computed value
              #   you most likely don't want this, unless you have an special disk situation
              [B]CONF_SWAPSIZE=1024[/B]
              Last edited by Pete; August 26, 2016, 06:36 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X