Outdoor Motion light and IP camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Motion light and IP camera

I have a motion activated light that is on our deck that works fine, but I recently added an Amcrest IP camera that is mounted fairly close to it. At first I noticed that the IR feature of the camera was triggering the light to come on, so I switched that off. I figured if motion was actually triggered, the light would come on and the camera would capture it with the light shown at that point. That seemed to remedy that issue.

So this week I started playing with the Blue Iris software and now the light seems to be triggered almost every few minutes when it's dark, and there is definitely no motion triggering it. I confirmed that the IR feature of the camera is still set to off. If I shut down the software and leave the camera functional, the deck light is not triggered until I step out on the deck.

I'm really not seeing how something in the software could be sending out some sort of interference, but???

Anyone have any ideas? I guess I could move the camera, but it's right in a sweet spot that captures what I want. The camera is a Amcrest IP3M-943W.

Any help would be appreciated! Thx

Have you monitored the video feed from the camera to see if there is any hint of what might be triggering the motion sensor?

Is there any chance that BI is overriding the IR setting and turning on the camera IR?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I've been monitoring the feed but haven't been able to spot any trigger that might be doing it. Regarding the IR override, that's a good idea. I'll check that. Thanks!

Comment

For my outdoor cams primary depended on Optex outdoor motion sensors. It was difficult to utilize the video algorithms for motion detection outdoors. I did though play with small areas via video outdoors and they did sort of work but personally didn't depend on them much. At night used the wired outdoor motion sensors to trigger lighting making it daylight and much easier on the cameras. Best deterrant at night though is lighting anyways.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X