Ninja Pan/Tilt Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Pan/Tilt Support?

I've got HS2 and HS3PRO here running on Windows systems (I've been slowly trying to move over to HS3, but I have a lot of OLD X10 gear and HA stuff like Audreys, etc.). Now, I'm not able to use a lot of them as I migrate, but I would like to press some old Ninja Pan/Tilt bases into service on at least one of those HS platforms.

Does anyone support the use of these interfacing with either HS2 or HS3 now? I'd like to be able to control them through HS. Many of the old scripts and plugins have all dried up, at least online. I do have the various interfaces, but have not been able to get them integrated with HS2 or 3.

Open to suggestions. Maybe inexpensive Pan/Tilt bases that do work with HS3?
    |
    | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
    HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

You can utilize Homeseer 3 with Python and there is Python configuration for use with the Ninja pan/tilt bases here ==>

X10 CM19A Python driver

or

purchase the PT Foscams sold by Homeseer.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete, I've got the python script working. Now I just have to tie it to HS3. I'll look for scripts for that.
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

You can call a python script in Windows. I have never done this. Just give it a try. You will not break HS3 doing this. Looking at the old XTCR14A it appears to be using only four X10 codes.

I am sure you may be able to replicate this using the Homeseer 3 RFXCom (with a W800-RFX RFX Com RX/TX device) plugin?

What radio device are you using to talk to the Ninja devices?

Just sniff the wireless commands with the plugin and replicate them with Homeseer 3 commands maybe?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am late to the game.... but I'm trying to get ninja commands working with HS4 and my CM19A device on Windows 10. I can't find a way to get the CM19A recognized with the drivers I have. Can anyone offer some guidance?

Comment

Working...
          X