Plugin renaming Hue rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin renaming Hue rooms

Is there any way to prevent the plugin from renaming the bridge group (room) names? I use Location 1 (Room name) plus device name in HS3. For the Hue group devices I change their name to 'Lights' or 'Post Lights' etc. With this I have easy to recognize names like Kitchen Lights. However when I rename the device group name to Lights, in the Hue bridge the room gets renamed to Lights too! I now have five rooms named Lights. I sometimes use the Hue mobile app to tinker with lights so this gets confusing. Now that I am also using an Amazon Echo, having sane device names is important. Anyway maybe I am going about this wrong, what does everyone else do?

Sean

Sean,

Been waiting for other to chime in on your question, who migh be using Alexa, which I do not.
    The plugin will always keep in synch with the bridges or gateway. the reason why is to keep all the same for apps and HS3. All apps, alos on the phones or tablets, are doing that as far I know.

As Alexa is also using the location info I do not know an easy workaround for that. You might want to think on unique names for the groups, if I am right thinking that alexa does not need the location info then?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by sprange View Post
      Is there any way to prevent the plugin from renaming the bridge group (room) names? I use Location 1 (Room name) plus device name in HS3. For the Hue group devices I change their name to 'Lights' or 'Post Lights' etc. With this I have easy to recognize names like Kitchen Lights. However when I rename the device group name to Lights, in the Hue bridge the room gets renamed to Lights too! I now have five rooms named Lights. I sometimes use the Hue mobile app to tinker with lights so this gets confusing. Now that I am also using an Amazon Echo, having sane device names is important. Anyway maybe I am going about this wrong, what does everyone else do?

Sean
      It's not great to manage but you can rename devices from within the Alexa App as well.

Comment

Working...
      X