Database Charting Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    is there any special instructions to get the chart into HSTouch? Select status tracking and the device correct?
    All i'm getting is the graph icon.
    I wrote a script a while back to get images into a device that can be shown and update HSTouch. There is a trick to it, well at least this works for me. The script takes in four pieces of information as input to produce results for HSTouch.
    1. The reference ID of the device where the graph will live
    2. The location of the original images on the server (html directory down)
    3. The location of the new images on the server from (html directory down)
    4. The original image name

The trick appears to be changing the image name and flipping the status... The program will store two images in the device, (old and new) when it is time to update an image, the script is called from a event the information passed and the device changes, thus updating HSTouch.

The script copies an existing chart image to a device for display in HSTouch. The program appends a datetime onto the image name and loads the image in a new device. This change forces HSTouch to reload the image and display the new data immediately.

Let me know if you are interested and I will post it.

Posted the script, good luck

Screenshot of the device setup, you will need to create it, the script will not create the device.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	HSDevice1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1195926

Name:	HSDevice2.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1195927

Event setup

Name:	HSEvent1.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	1195928

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by bdraper; March 19, 2018, 07:06 PM.
    Billy

Comment

I have it working in HSTouch, now i'm trying to get some data readings in the middle of the graph. I'm convinced the 'Show Values' should be tied to the 'Marker Interval'. And a 'Peak' setting for the markers would be a feature request.
      If someone would have told me a year ago that i'd be excited about a graphing program, I would have given the 'Deer in the Headlights Look'. Now, I think this is absolutely the coolest thing i've done with HS.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, please do.
        I have tried all kinds of things to get HSTouch to show updated images after running for awhile.

Thanks,
        Tim
        FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

I was unaware there was image refresh ussues in HSTouch. I haven't noticed any halting of the images, but I haven't placed anything 'In-Service' yet, so if there's an issue, it'll be a while before I would actually encounter it. So, i'm with Tim on this, please post.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
            I was unaware there was image refresh ussues in HSTouch. I haven't noticed any halting of the images, but I haven't placed anything 'In-Service' yet, so if there's an issue, it'll be a while before I would actually encounter it. So, i'm with Tim on this, please post.
            Yea, I put the date on my graphs so it is easy to tell if they get behind.

This is a picture of a test screen in HSTouch that shows me some of the different graphs to cycle through. This is a screenshot of one this morning.

I posted the script in the original reply.

Name:	hstouch-rooms.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1195929
            Billy

Comment

bdraper, thanks for this.
              I left my HSTouch weather screen up all day and the radar pic is not behind by a hour or two.

Thanks,
              Tim

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
                bdraper, thanks for this.
                I left my HSTouch weather screen up all day and the radar pic is not behind by a hour or two.

Thanks,
                Tim
                Not a problem Tim, glad to help and glad it is working for you. I have about 20 or so images, graphs, weather and stuff that I update this way for our HSTouch screens.
                Last edited by bdraper; March 20, 2018, 10:36 AM.
                Billy

Comment

Comment

Follow the screen shots below. Left to right, top to bottom.

Pic 1
                    1. go to the "Maps" area under the Weather_Xml device management page
                    2. click on "Add New"
                    Pic 2
                    3. find the "New Map device" on that page
                    4. click on it and name the map device and choose its room.
                    Pic 3
                    5. choose the "weatherXML" tab
                    6. fill in the blanks
                    Pic 4
                    7. add as many as you want

Tim
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have a slight problem. I started building graphs for the upstairs hvac, and I can't get the new charts to show up. I looked under the HS3>html>jon00>charts and the new ones are not there. I'm up to Create 12 and 13. Ideas?

Comment

Can you view them via the dynamic chart web page?
                        Jon

Comment

I can view the dynamic chart.

Comment

I assume you meant that you can view the new upstairs HVAC data on the dynamic web page?

On the Chart Creation setup, ensure:

a) Use Data 1 is set to yes
                            b) Auto Update is set to Yes
                            Jon

Comment

Yes, that is what I meant. The other settings you asked about are also correct. I've restarted the program and rebooted the hometroller to no avail.

Comment

Hi,
                                I've been running charts for a bit: and recently got this message.... any ideas is how to debug? I checked the forums and I haven't seen anyone else have it: but did see that these was a fix at one point to not crash...

Warning: Too many datapoints to plot

Thanks
                                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
                                X