Restart Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart Homeseer

When I restart my xp computer homeseer does not restart automatically. When I shut down my computer then it does.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

John

We need a bit more information. How are you "auto" starting HS? Did you add a shortcut to your startup folder?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did not do anything per se. I check all 4 boxes of the view / option/ general regarding startup/shutdow.

If I shut my computer off (via shut down) when I turn it back on homeseer starts automatically. If I use restart instead of shutdown homeseer does not start.

Comment

Are you auto - starting any other programs at the beginning?
        If you restart and Homeseer doesn't show up (isn't it minimized?) can you start it manually?

Marty

Comment

Yes several programs, weather bug, Norton, no ip, etc.

No it is not minimized, and I can start it again which you can not do if it is already running.

All of the other above mentioned programs start up in the system tray whether I RESTART or SHUTDOWN.

Comment

It sounds like you are not shuting down the computer at all but rather putting it into standby mode. Restart does not work because it causes the OS to reload.

Place the HS shortcut into your startup folder. Use TweakUI to auto login if necessary.

Use Start shutdown to turn off the computer not the power switch.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I was restarting not going to standby. I use shutdown not the power switch.

Copying the homeseer shortcut to the startup folder worked!! Thanks for the suggestion.

John

Comment

Working...
              X