Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending email using SMTP: The transport failed to connect to the server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending email using SMTP: The transport failed to connect to the server.

I have been wrestling with an smtp issue and can not find an answer.
    The problem is that I can not send email from homeseer. My isp, ATT requires secure email and I have it configured for smtp.att.yahoo.com:465 and my smtp username and password are correct. I have the default to and from emails populated with valid email addresses. I have confirmed that the email address is authorized by ATT. It worked prior to ATT requiring SSL. I know that was months ago. I finally have a little time to tshoot.

The strange thing is that everytime I save the email setup I see the following in the log. Even when I restart homeseer, go into homeseer and select save I see the error, processing email at line 0.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/28/2008 11:38:06 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Processing email at line 0 :Thread was being aborted.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>6/28/2008 11:38:06 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Email receive thread started</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>6/28/2008 11:38:06 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Initializing POP email, found 3 messages</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Im running HS 2.2.0.0 on w2k3 sp2
    Any ideas on what my next step should be?
    Thanks!
Working...
X