X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Client HSTouch for iPhone/iPod version 2.3

1/28/11

Version 2.3 of the HSTouch client for the iPhone/iPod is in the App store.

You may need to unistall your current version then install the new one to update the graphics.

Changes from 2.1:

Fixed return to main screen after xx minutes
    Fixed slider button drawing outside of track
    Fixed random force quit when deploying
    When resuming and cannot connect, server pick dialog is presented (if configured)
    Fixes for connecting
    Revamped listbox display
    Fixed listboxes not loading information when associated with HS device
    Fixed adjust level action was backwards
    Fixed adjust level not working with sliders
    Fixed Hide/UnHide actions now work on sliders,progres bar, and textbox
    Fixed Enable/Disable actions on sliders
    Changes to device list control display
    Fixed action from HS to simulate element release
    Now honors HonorAllReleases property
    Fixed releasing element outside element now deselects
    Fixed element showing selected state when using color associations
    Fixed slider ValueInvert property is now honored
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Ok, found an issue on the climate button in the default Ipod 2.3...

I have two Stats and when I click on the CLiamte Button, I get two stats presented to me to choose from. No matter which stat I chose, it takes me to the same stat, #1. I cannot select the second stat even though the skin see's it and allows me to choose it.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Are they both named the same? Should not matter, but I tested it here with 2 thermostats and it works fine, but both of mine have different names.

What kind of thermostats are they?

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
      Ok, found an issue on the climate button in the default Ipod 2.3...

I have two Stats and when I click on the CLiamte Button, I get two stats presented to me to choose from. No matter which stat I chose, it takes me to the same stat, #1. I cannot select the second stat even though the skin see's it and allows me to choose it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Are they both named the same? Should not matter, but I tested it here with 2 thermostats and it works fine, but both of mine have different names.

What kind of thermostats are they?
        Yes the "Name" is the same = Thermostat.

The Floor and Room are different.

The stats I have are both Trane Z-wave...

let me change the names and see if that matters.

*******Update**********

CHanging the name made the difference.

Is there anyway that we can keep the same name? THe reasonm is that I am trying to get the naming conventions will all devices simple so I just include the rom and and floor as the major definers. THe Name itself is something we are tyring to keep simple like, Bed Lamp in the rooms. SO that we when we use HS Phone, we use "Turn of [Room] [Device Name] to control the device. If we change the name of the device to include more information like Room info inthe name, it will require us to speak, "turn on baster bedroom Master Bedroom Lamp instead of just Master Bedroom Bed Lamp.

Does this make sense?
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Be careful here, i had to change my thermostats names several months ago, the issue I had was that the trigger/actions for the zwave plugin/api do not include locations. so you can only differentiate on name.

So the change is more than just the ipad/iphone app.
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
          BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
          DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

Installed without any problems.

Still do not have a 'back' button, or any button for that matter, from the device control screen.

Go to devices, select location with a dimmable light, select said dimmable light. Take action (or don't) with the dimmable light. Go back to device selector (can't) so you have to go back to home screen, then select devices again - which brings you to the location of your dimmable light.

The location change works, but pops up a stupid dialog box right before it connects. Details: at home was on wifi using profile 2. Away from home over 3G fired up from tasks icons, and I get the prompt for profile selection. I select profile 1 for remote access. Connection starts, pop-up says it was unable to connect, and then it completes connection and starts "getting data" and then starts working.

The stupid pop-up must be time-out based as it seems to work fine otherwise. (I call it a stupid pop-up because it should know better )

On the door lock screen, I only have 1 configured z-wave door lock. If I had two of them, does it display a list of door locks to control? The reason I ask is it doesn't give me the lock location information on any of the screen information or screen title bar.

On the Climate screen, I know I have a z-wave communication failure with that device (I removed it when it became erratic - my problem as the snap-on cover didn't properly snap on and hold the tstat). Nothing on that screen tells me of this problem. It does apparently know I have a HS configured t-stat as it gave me the climate option.

Ok, rotationally, found a glitch that I cannot repeat.

Was viewing screens in landscape. Viewed locks, entered passcode, screen appeared in landscape. Went to home screen, did something or other, and then rotated portrait. Visited door locks screeen, entered passcode, screen was in landscape. Rotated screen to landscape and back to portrait and it was all ok.

I can't readily reproduce it, but figured I'd mention it as it's just a few sets of conditions which can cause that.
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Issues with device list boxes - ipad and iphone

I installed as a trial over New Years and purchased the live license for HS Touch and the iPod/Ipad yesterday.

All components have been updated to the latest versions (see ticket 100-22247). I still have list box issues related to Z-Wave Devices and dynamic categorization on both the iPad and iPod.

All devices can be seen if I select "All Locations." However, on the iPhone, this category leads to sub categories. On the iPad, it leads directly to a complete listing of all devices.

If I select "Z-Wave" (the other top category on the iPhone), I get two sub categories: "All Locations" and "Z-Wave Interface." Selecting either of these sub categories displays an old device that was deleted awhile back - and only that device.

on the iPad, again "All Devices" goes directly to the detailed list of all devices. Selecting "Z-Wave" takes me to a display that says "No Devices."

Thanks for the help...

Comment

Originally posted by jjcrowley1 View Post
                I installed as a trial over New Years and purchased the live license for HS Touch and the iPod/Ipad yesterday.

All components have been updated to the latest versions (see ticket 100-22247). I still have list box issues related to Z-Wave Devices and dynamic categorization on both the iPad and iPod.

All devices can be seen if I select "All Locations." However, on the iPhone, this category leads to sub categories. On the iPad, it leads directly to a complete listing of all devices.

If I select "Z-Wave" (the other top category on the iPhone), I get two sub categories: "All Locations" and "Z-Wave Interface." Selecting either of these sub categories displays an old device that was deleted awhile back - and only that device.

on the iPad, again "All Devices" goes directly to the detailed list of all devices. Selecting "Z-Wave" takes me to a display that says "No Devices."

Thanks for the help...
                Are you using the "Location 2" in your device views?

Comment

Location 2

Mark, not sure if I understand "location 2" in my device views. I haven't set up any special locations in homeseer - only the defaults (as listed on the web browser status page in the drop-down list box):

- All
                  - DSC Security
                  - Z-Wave Interface

Did I understand your question correctly?

Jim

Comment

sorry on the name

Sorry, I meant Rupp.

Comment

List Box / Selection Errors

sorry... I meant is anyone working on the errors I reported earlier? I originally reported these in January. My trial ran out and I paid $250 for the license.

Would like it to actually work.

Thanks for stepping it up a bit on this.

Comment

Are you referring to the location issue? Hstouch uses both location 1 and location 2. I would go into the hs setup, website tab and enable location 2. Then in hs go to your status page and make sure each device has a location set. Location 2 can be blank if you don't want to use it.

Originally posted by jjcrowley1 View Post
                        sorry... I meant is anyone working on the errors I reported earlier? I originally reported these in January. My trial ran out and I paid $250 for the license.

Would like it to actually work.

Thanks for stepping it up a bit on this.

Comment

On an events selector list if I set the filter to something like "Bedroom*" the client will crash when trying to change to that screen.

I'm not sure the filters are very useful if you can't specify a more specific search instead of just a single letter or a A-C...

Example I'd really like to filter to a group called "TV" and all events in that group that match the pattern "Bedroom*"

Sure would be nice if regular expressions were available here. Anyways, the bug I'm reporting is that it crashes if the filter text is unexpected.
                          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Ok, fixed this issue. If you (or anyone else) is an IOS programmer, here is the current filter function. If you want to help out and create a more robust one, I'd be happy to add it. The current one just does a basic compare. The parameters are:

stitem=the item from the listbox to compare
                            filter=the filter string, such as *Bedroom

Code:
                            BOOL FilterMatch(NSString *stitem, NSString *filter)
                            {
                            	if(CompareStr(filter, @"")) return YES;

if(InStr(filter,@"*")) {
                            		// handle wildcards
                            		NSString *match = [filter substringToIndex:InStr(filter, @"*")];
                            		int len = [match length];
                            		if(len > [stitem length]) len = [stitem length];
                            		NSString *item = [stitem substringToIndex:len];
                            		if(!CompareStr([match lowercaseString], [item lowercaseString])) return NO;
                            	}
                            	else if(InStr(filter,@"-")) {
                            		// handle range IE A-F
                            		char c = [filter characterAtIndex:0];
                            		int rstart = (int)c;
                            		c = [filter characterAtIndex:2];
                            		int rend = (int)c;
                            		c = [stitem characterAtIndex:0];
                            		int item = (int)c;
                            		if(item >= rstart && item <= rend)
                            			return YES;
                            		else
                            			return NO;

}

return YES;
                            }
                            Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                            On an events selector list if I set the filter to something like "Bedroom*" the client will crash when trying to change to that screen.

I'm not sure the filters are very useful if you can't specify a more specific search instead of just a single letter or a A-C...

Example I'd really like to filter to a group called "TV" and all events in that group that match the pattern "Bedroom*"

Sure would be nice if regular expressions were available here. Anyways, the bug I'm reporting is that it crashes if the filter text is unexpected.

Comment

Are you willing to include 3rd party libraries that are under the BSD license? It appears that regexkit might help with this greatly.

http://regexkit.sourceforge.net/

I don't want to spend too much time using regexkit working on this function if you are opposed to using that... If so, I'll figure out a different route.

I'm certain we can build a more robust version. So I take it the client gets the entire list, of events and narrows it down based on a string? I guess I'm a little confused since it appears that it's looking that group the event is in, not the event name? A tiny bit more detail about how the lists and selectors work might be helpful.

Thanks.
                              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
                              X