Device named "Rename Me"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device named "Rename Me"

I have a device named "Rename Me". I do not remember creating that device. Has anybody seen this before? Is it something HS does automatically for some strange reason?

Could it be that Homeseer has become sufficiently mainstream that it warrants a nuisance virus.

Comment

Yeah, which one of you wise-guys hacked into my system and did that?

Seriously, I know it's a stretch but I thought maybe if HS has a problem with a device that maybe it flags it by renaming it to "Rename Me". I realize I'm reaching but I can't figure out how it got there.

Comment

DC,

Is it possible a script or plug-in that was recently installed created this device?

Do the other colums like location, device code, or type give you any sort of clue?

Just tossing out some ideas.

Comment

I'm not at home so I can't check, but does HS do this if you try to create a device with a name that is already in use?

Comment

No, HomeSeer does nothing of the sort. If you create a new device or event, HomeSeer defaults those to UnNamed (UnNamed1, UnNamed2, etc.)

It was a script or plug-in that created it, or perhaps your web server is not secured?
            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
            X