Queue the WayBack Machine :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queue the WayBack Machine :)

So I'm curious, anybody still using HomeSeer V1 these days?

This last week, the ancient NT4.0 box from 1999 finally started to die, so I've been migrating the software and plugins to a laptop running Win7. Got really close just doing a reinstall, some of the old plugins had hidden dependencies on DLL's that aren't distributed any more. Finding something with multiple serial ports is fun also.

Sure, you're laughing about V1, but hey, Rich got it right and it's been running my home for almost 19 years now. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Anybody else still got a system like that in operation?

Wow, 19 Years,... that is awesome!
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Wow!!! That is a damn good run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man lands on Moon!

This is the New World Order! : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194844

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Comment

Not as long as you all, but HS2 on a HomeTroller S2 for 9 years here and, touch wood, still going strong...
            All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Welcome back to the Homeseer Forum Brian.

Relating to hardware serial ports here went to Digi Edgeports sometime in the beginning of the Homeseer 2 run and continue to utilize the devices with Homeseer 3 running on Linux.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Welcome back?

I never really left, I just became a slacker after making the plugins I wrote open source.

Got my new usb->4portserial thing today, running into new set of problems. I figured out what DLL was missing from win7 to get the ultramon plugin working again, now the w800rf plugin is failing to startup, probably because of another missing dll.
                Last edited by UniKyrn; March 30, 2018, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                  Wow!!! That is a damn good run.
                  Had to find my old invoice with the registration info, yeah, paid $29.95 way back then.

Comment

I do W800 via xAP, but I do have an old dll that may help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Are you reconfiguring your old HS1 to run on Windows 7?
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes.

I had a copy of the entire HomeSeer directory from the old NT4 system, but that just got me the config/etc. I had to dig up an old HS1.6 installer, then apply the update to get it back to the 1.7 I'd been running.

That got me to the point where HS1 would boot on Win7, but the old UltraMon plugin threw an error because dping.dll didn't exist (hidden dependency). Managed to find a copy on an old backup, HS1 finally started up without any fatal error and would talk to the old CM11A interface I connected to the laptop.

Today, the USB->4PortSerial adapter showed up and I found the next issue. The old W800RF plugin, which had just objected to not finding the serial port, now crashed with a new error once it could actualy open a port and continue initializing.

All the rest of those old plugins, seem to be happy with the migration.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                          I do W800 via xAP, but I do have an old dll that may help.
                          I have the DLL also, but thank you. The problem appears to be that it had dependencies on other DLL's, which aren't part of Win7 these days. I ran into the same thing with the UltraMon plugin, it needed DLL's that were part of IE6 installs.

Yeah, find an IE6 install for Win7 ...

Comment

You are welcome to my VB6 xapmcsW800 source if you don't have luck finding the dependencies. You could also do as I do with xapmcsW800 running in the background and communicating the ON/OFF, Temperature, Humidity etc over the LAN via xAP. HS1 plugin mcsXap translates to HS devices.

I also have IE 6.0.2900.2180 on my PRO100 if anything there may be of help.

Comment

I suspect at this point, I need to find a copy of the original installer. It doesn't seem to use a config file under the HomeSeer directory, so I'm guessing it stored info in the registry during setup.

Comment

Working...
                              X