Device not included in energy charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device not included in energy charts

I added a wall outlet switch that has energy reporting. The device is showing energy reported in the Device screen, but the device is not in the energy charts. Another older device is in the charts. Thoughts?

Also, is there a better way to view energy usage, etc. in addition to the energy charts in HS3. It's a bit clunky.

Thanks in advance

If you use the HSTouch app you can view energy usage there also. Not much better but readable.

Comment

Any help to get devices into the energy charts is appreciated

Comment

I still have not been able to figure out why a device is not included in the energy charts. Any help is appreciated.

I removed the device, and re-added it. No change.

Comment

The energy charting is not perfect and has a number of issues, one is inconsistent adding of devices into the database. For my third party plugin I found that sometimes they would add and sometimes they wouldn't, there's no real debugging to do so it's guesswork as to why.

IMHO considering that this feature is fairly low on the agenda for HS to put time into I would look at some other charting solutions that might offer you a better solution both visually and also in stability.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            The energy charting is not perfect and has a number of issues, one is inconsistent adding of devices into the database. For my third party plugin I found that sometimes they would add and sometimes they wouldn't, there's no real debugging to do so it's guesswork as to why.

IMHO considering that this feature is fairly low on the agenda for HS to put time into I would look at some other charting solutions that might offer you a better solution both visually and also in stability.
            Thanks for the info. Do you have any suggestions on how to chart this data, preferably automatically?

in all honestly, I'm just playing... but I do like seeing it, and running some comparison charts, etc.

Comment

I updated my version of HS3 and energy charts seem to be working.

It would still be nice if there was an easy way to export the data use in in Excel, etc.
              Does anyone know how to export the energy data and work with it?

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
                I updated my version of HS3 and energy charts seem to be working.

It would still be nice if there was an easy way to export the data use in in Excel, etc.
                Does anyone know how to export the energy data and work with it?
                It's in a SQLite database. You can pull down the Energy database and open it in just about any SQLite browser. Once you have it there, you can probably pull it into Excel easily.
                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Have you looked at Jon00DBCharting plugin? I use it to make sure my domestic hot water recirculation system is performing as efficiently as possible. If it's in the log it can get charted, based on some pretty amazing charts I've seen posted.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    It's in a SQLite database. You can pull down the Energy database and open it in just about any SQLite browser. Once you have it there, you can probably pull it into Excel easily.
                    I'm on a Zee S2, raspberry Pi Linux. "SQLite database" is new terminology for me, I will have to do some research. thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                      Have you looked at Jon00DBCharting plugin? I use it to make sure my domestic hot water recirculation system is performing as efficiently as possible. If it's in the log it can get charted, based on some pretty amazing charts I've seen posted.
                      Thanks for this info... Jon00 has a lot of neat things on his website. It looks like "Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3" only works on Windows. I'm on a Zee S2, so looks like it won't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X