UltraCID3 Multiple Instances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraCID3 Multiple Instances

I am looking to use UltraCID3 with two modems on my HS3Pro server, but did not see a way to create another instance of the plug-in. Are multiple instances supported?

Originally posted by cmarti View Post
    I am looking to use UltraCID3 with two modems on my HS3Pro server, but did not see a way to create another instance of the plug-in. Are multiple instances supported?
    Yes, I can add support for multiple instances, but it won't be until early 2014.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Good to hear multi-line support is coming. I have since picked up a copy of UltraCID3. I may have missed it, but is there a forum for submitting feature requests for UltraCID3?

Comment

Update?

Is there an update on when multiple instances of UltraCID will be supported?

Comment

Multiple instances

+1

For me as well, would very much like this feature, have 4 lines I would like to have CID logging on. My home phone system the does not support CID. Using Way2call but without any CID being passed the plugin is a great fix.

Peter

Comment

Looking for an Update

Still looking for an update on the multiple instances capability to support additional phone lines?

Comment

Can we get an update?

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Yes, I can add support for multiple instances, but it won't be until early 2014.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Hello Developer!!! Can you provide an update?. Some of us still need the multi-line/multi-instance capability.

Comment

I ran into an issue related to the database access between instances. If everyone is okay with each instance acting independently, then I should be able to add support for multiple instances.
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I wonder if multiple instances work is still proceeding.

-Rick
                  -Rick

Comment

UltraCID3 HSPI version 3.0.6681.34300 was released that adds support for multiple modems. Multiple modems are currently supported, but is currently limited to 2.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

I just gave the multiple instances UltraCID3 a whirl. No joy. I could putty the modems fine, I could dial out with putty via modems fine. Ultracid3 sees the modems but wouldn't answer incoming calls. I also broke a rule (several) and upgraded to the latest HS3 at the same time as it nagged me (I really hate the upgrade hs3 process) and that was a mistake. I also reconfigured Ultracid3 before testing calls and when I did call no answer / announce. So I retreated back to the previous version of hs3 and Ultracid3 single line and all works fine. When I get some more time in the next day or two I give it a try again with a bit more disciplined and methodological approach to be in a position to provide more useful info.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
                        I just gave the multiple instances UltraCID3 a whirl. No joy. I could putty the modems fine, I could dial out with putty via modems fine. Ultracid3 sees the modems but wouldn't answer incoming calls. I also broke a rule (several) and upgraded to the latest HS3 at the same time as it nagged me (I really hate the upgrade hs3 process) and that was a mistake. I also reconfigured Ultracid3 before testing calls and when I did call no answer / announce. So I retreated back to the previous version of hs3 and Ultracid3 single line and all works fine. When I get some more time in the next day or two I give it a try again with a bit more disciplined and methodological approach to be in a position to provide more useful info.
                        Just curious, which modem are you using? I have a Hiro 50113 which wont register line hook and wont call out, but all else works....at least on a single line.... haven't tried double line UltraCID yet.

Comment

Hi,

Can't give you a lot, bought them some time ago from eBay. cheap Chineseium knockoffs.

This is what Device Manager provides

General: Coonexant USB saoftV92 data fax modem
                          Driver details: Conexant 9/20/2008 7.12.12.0

Played driver roulette to find a driver that works.

They look simialr to these https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-56k-V90...kAAOxyOa9R0GqC but have no idea if same.

They work okay but can't drop calls, don't seem to be quite fully v.92 compliant. As far as crap calls, I use nomorerobo from my cable company.

Never could get the fancier "compatible" modems to get a driver to load. on my Hometroller S6.
                          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
                            Did you go back into Options and select the Com Port for the modem? See post https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=195298

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

I did several times. I set the com ports, I stopped and started the plugin, no difference, then I restarted homeseer, no answer. I threw in towel when I realized I had done too many things at once, new hs3, new modem, new ultracid so I rolled everything back. I will get back to this in a few days and just focus on ultracid and then report back.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X