wemos NodeMCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
    Just to give you an update here and set expectations. I've combed through the fauxmo code and documentation (the code flashed to the nodeMCU that emulates Wemo) and it does not seem to support a few vital commands such as "GetBinaryState" or event subscriptions.

To level set here's what will be possible once I've completed my part.
    • Status of the devices will always be unknown, you will not know if it's on/off and there's no way to find out.
    • You will be able to control on/off of nodemcu devices with event actions or button click, but it will be a blind command.
    • It will auto discover nodeMCU devices and create them in HomeSeer, I'll likely whip up a separate icon for them.

I'm brainstorming to see if there's a way I could either implement the nodeMCU commands with custom firmware I release or find some other trick to get the missing features working. I'll keep you updated here as things change, but I didn't want to leave you in the dark.
    i am not sure, is there an BETA update to my version installed?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
      i am not sure, is there an BETA update to my version installed?
      i was just wondering if the "0" in the BETA column is a typo 1.1.04

Comment

The form I'm using for the release number is automated:

Major.Minor.MMDDYY.HHMMSS of build

As for Beta/Release, if I compile it as debug it generates the Beta file package and uploads to the server, if I compile it as release it generates the Release package and uploads to the server. I also have another profile called LOCAL that does not generate a package.

Comment

Just to give you an update here and set expectations. I've combed through the fauxmo code and documentation (the code flashed to the nodeMCU that emulates Wemo) and it does not seem to support a few vital commands such as "GetBinaryState" or event subscriptions.

• Status of the devices will always be unknown, you will not know if it's on/off and there's no way to find out.
          • You will be able to control on/off of nodemcu devices with event actions or button click, but it will be a blind command.
          • It will auto discover nodeMCU devices and create them in HomeSeer, I'll likely whip up a separate icon for them.

I'm brainstorming to see if there's a way I could either implement the nodeMCU commands with custom firmware I release or find some other trick to get the missing features working. I'll keep you updated here as things change, but I didn't want to leave you in the dark.
          @kingfetty
          have you ever considered support for Tasmota or ESP Easy. Node MCU can be linked to HS3 by using MQTT. But it would be much cleaner to avoid MQTT by using you PI.

Comment

any progress on the wemosMCU support?

Comment

Been traveling for business the past 2 weeks and haven't had much free time. Hang in there it's coming.

Comment

Been traveling for business the past 2 weeks and haven't had much free time. Hang in there it's coming.
                Thats cool thanks for update.

Comment

wemosNodeMCU

Thats cool thanks for update.
                  I am so excited that your making PI to work with wemosNodeMCU

Comment

any updates? possible beta release i can test? I am looking forward to this plugin working with Wemo nodeMCU it was the main reason I got this plugin.
                    thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry about the slow progress guys. A lot of stuff's come up lately to where I've not had the time I need to finish it up. The crappy thing is, the code is about 80% complete for the nodeMCU stuff, I just need to find the time to finish it. Just be patient, I promise it's coming.

Comment

Sorry about the slow progress guys. A lot of stuff's come up lately to where I've not had the time I need to finish it up. The crappy thing is, the code is about 80% complete for the nodeMCU stuff, I just need to find the time to finish it. Just be patient, I promise it's coming.
                        awesome thanks for the update.

Comment

81%???

Comment

81%???
                            Perhaps you can sweet talk the Mrs. in to decreasing some of my "honey do" list. LOL

Comment

Perhaps you can sweet talk the Mrs. in to decreasing some of my "honey do" list. LOL
                              hows the list coming? 82%?

Comment

hows the list coming? 82%?
                                I guess this plug in is another dead one, 6 months and no updates, nothing, fool me once..

Comment

Working...
                                X