X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
    Hi

Been playing again tonight, with 4 other CID supporting UK modems.

AND....

All give the same 4 strings when CIF info arrives... so it looks like we are dead in the water here...

Lastly, where do you expect the modem to pick up a name to send within the CID string? Surley that is supplied by whatever is the recipient of the incomming CID string...? I have never seen a modem other than a very old US Robotics that held a phone boook in the modem.

Thoughts?

David
    Does caller ID in your country report both the caller number and name? If not, I may be able to provide an option for your modem to work when it reports the caller number ...
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
      Thanks Ultrajones,

It works fine now
      I'll be off for 4 days, and come back to you after that for another questions
      Here are the first 2 :
      How to have the caller name or number in a device to announce it when it rings ? (i've created an event on incoming call)
      An announce flag exists to handle this. From the CallerDetails web page, just make sure the "Announce" flag is set for the caller. You can also automatically have the plug-in add the announce flag to new callers from the options web page.
      How to have a different way to see numbers (i would like XX XX XX XX XX) ?
      I'll add an option to allow you to override the default formatting. It will be in the next release.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

UltraCID Version 1.1.3297.24956 was just posted which adds number format options and caller detail filtering by name or number.

Regards,
        Ultrajones

Comment

Skype installed and number field

Quote:
          2) Have skype installed so calling number comes up with Skype info and web field is to small to see mumber in detali log display. Can ths be made to grow and stick or somthing?

I don't understand this suggestion. Can you explain this further?

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Ultrajones
          With the skype explore feature turned on it adds a skype call button to phone numbers when it see a phone number like in your caller log page. When it does this the field in your display is to small to see the number and the button. I was asking if the field in the display page could be wider. You could install skype and see it.

Thanks for expanding the Db on the caller name from my other question.

Comment

Hi,
            is there any chance this plug in will/can support gsm modems?

Currently i have access to three models, falcom 55, Siemens tc 35, and siemens m20.

Falcom comandset: http://www.falcomusa.com/downloads/S...and_set_01.pdf

Siemens m20 comand set (and probably tc35) http://www.cs.put.poznan.pl/msobczak/M20.PDF

Landline is not "the" thing as everybody i know and work with only uses cellular.

I'm using Stipus plug in and it is working great, but for two reasons it would be great if this would work as well.

1) I can have caller announcement for my wife as well, or
            2) I can use this for my caller announcements and Stipus plugin for SMS sending

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              UltraCID Version 1.1.3297.24956 was just posted which adds number format options and caller detail filtering by name or number.
              Ultrajones,

I've just installed this last version (my license problem has been solved very quickly by Homeseer)
              Name size can be longer ; that's fine.
              I've changed number format to ## ## ## ## ## but the first "0" is not viewable in Caller Details. Even if I choose (#) # ## ## ## ## : in this case the result is () X XX XX XX XX but not (0) X XX XX XX XX
              Another problem : the only way to view information in Caller Log is to select as first day a day where we can find a call.
              Last edited by eole; January 15, 2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Does caller ID in your country report both the caller number and name? If not, I may be able to provide an option for your modem to work when it reports the caller number ...
                Hi - sorry I did not spot your reply earlier.

The CID info contaisnthe following:
                04/01/2009 18:03:34 ~!~UltraCID Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string [TYPE = 01]
                04/01/2009 18:03:34 ~!~UltraCID Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string [DATE = 0104]
                04/01/2009 18:03:34 ~!~UltraCID Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string [TIME = 1804]
                04/01/2009 18:03:34 ~!~UltraCID Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string [NMBR = 07534999999]

No option exists here to insert a name...

David
                ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
                  Ultrajones,

I've changed number format to ## ## ## ## ## but the first "0" is not viewable in Caller Details. Even if I choose (#) # ## ## ## ## : in this case the result is () X XX XX XX XX but not (0) X XX XX XX XX
                  I'll try to duplidate this ...

Another problem : the only way to view information in Caller Log is to select as first day a day where we can find a call.
                  This is bugging me too. I'll adjust it so it always displays the last n number of callers. I'll add a config item so you can adjust the n value.

Comment

Hi - sorry I did not spot your reply earlier.

The CID info contaisnthe following:
                    04/01/2009 18:03:34 ~!~UltraCID Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string [TYPE = 01]
                    04/01/2009 18:03:34 ~!~UltraCID Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string [DATE = 0104]
                    04/01/2009 18:03:34 ~!~UltraCID Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string [TIME = 1804]
                    04/01/2009 18:03:34 ~!~UltraCID Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string [NMBR = 07534999999]

No option exists here to insert a name...

David
                    Okay. I'll add an option so so modems that just report a number will work with the plug-in. I'll try to post an update tonight ...

Comment

Okay. I'll add an option so so modems that just report a number will work with the plug-in. I'll try to post an update tonight ...
                      Excellent! Will test and report back.

David
                      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Excellent! Will test and report back.

David
                        Ok, I just posted the update. Please try it with your modem.

Comment

Problem with spelling name instead of speeking it

I am using the HomeTroller and have a remote PC that is using the ATT voices. Everything has been working ok untill I purchased and installed your CID plugin. I notice that the person name is going out in upper case and this is causing the ATT voice to spell the name and not pronounce it. The audio on hometroller is ok but on the remote pc with ATT voices installed is where the problem is.

The question is there a way to issue the speak command in lower case. Even it I enter the name in lower case it saved in upper case.

Other than this problem everything else is work ok.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobsegal View Post
                            I am using the HomeTroller and have a remote PC that is using the ATT voices. Everything has been working ok untill I purchased and installed your CID plugin. I notice that the person name is going out in upper case and this is causing the ATT voice to spell the name and not pronounce it. The audio on hometroller is ok but on the remote pc with ATT voices installed is where the problem is.

The question is there a way to issue the speak command in lower case. Even it I enter the name in lower case it saved in upper case.

Other than this problem everything else is work ok.

Bob
                            I noticed that most caller ID's I tested upper cased the name, so I followed that convention. I'll add a call to send the name though a string conversion function to proper case it prior to speaking. I'll post an update later today.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

I noticed that most caller ID's I tested upper cased the name, so I followed that convention. I'll add a call to send the name though a string conversion function to proper case it prior to speaking. I'll post an update later today.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              I just posted version UltraCID version 1.1.3305.28156 which should allow the ATT voices to work properly when speaking the incoming caller's name.

Comment

ATT voices now work

With the new version it now say's the name as it should, Thanks for the quick fix.

One other question is there a way to repeat the speak command for every ring cycle or some other trigrer in case you did not hear it the first time ?

Comment

Working...
                                X