This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send Message to Client Not Working as Expected

Does anyone know why the "Send Message to Client" from Homeseer works differently on Android than it does on Windows and Windows CE?

On Android, the message shows for 1 sec no matter how long you set it to display for. I did notice that it shows in the notiifcation bar, but that is hidden while in HSTouch.

Does anyone have a work around?

Thanks

If I remember correctly, this changed somewhere along the line. I think that some of the earlier betas would actually display the message as expected. I can only think of one workaround -- Not a terribly easy one. That would be to create a message screen of whatever size and position you like. Then, from the server, display that screen on top of another. As for the message that is displayed, that could perhaps be driven by the status string of a virtual device. Put a close button on the form. This would allow for the user to manually close the form. Then, from you server action, after delay, you could simulate the button press of this close button x seconds after it is displayed.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't want to spend time doing that if it is going to be fixed in a later release. I opened a bug report for it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X