X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnvisaLink DSC Plug-in - Feature requests

Please use this thread to ask for new features
    Last edited by spud; April 9, 2014, 07:30 AM.

Envisalink Status in Device List

I am just wondering if it is possible to be more specific when displaying the alarm status, ie. display 'Armed Away' rather than just 'Armed'?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhuras View Post
      I am just wondering if it is possible to be more specific when displaying the alarm status, ie. display 'Armed Away' rather than just 'Armed'?

Thanks.
      Yes that's possible, it will be done in the next release.
      The "Armed" status will be replaced by the following 4 armed mode:
      • Armed Away
      • Armed Stay
      • Armed Zero Entry Away
      • Armed Zero Entry Stay

Comment

Originally posted by Dhuras View Post
        done in version 3.0.0.4 and 1.0.0.7

Here is now the possible following statuses for a partition device:
        • Not Ready
        • Ready
        • Ready - Force Arming Enabled
        • Armed Away
        • Armed Stay
        • Armed Away - Zero Entry delay
        • Armed Stay - Zero Entry delay
        • In Alarm
        • Busy

You can find the new packages there:
        HS2: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160342
        HS3: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161219

to upgrade in HS2, you need to delete your partition device, then install the new version, then restart HS2

Comment

Just got my EVL3 hooked up today, and connected to my 1832DSC panel. Finally something that works right out of the box.

I would like to request a way to sync the alarm panel time with the HS3 machine? My HS3 server adjust the time to the internet, and if it could adjust the time on the alarm panel, that would keep everything automatically in time.

Also, would like to be able to toggle the chime feature on and off from the status screen.

These are the only two things I see that is missing from this DSC EVL3 plugin that my old caddx system plugin could do.

Haven't had much time to test anything else yet, I am just happy to finally have my alarm system talking with the HS3 machine.

Comment

Originally posted by swanie2000 View Post
            I would like to request a way to sync the alarm panel time with the HS3 machine? My HS3 server adjust the time to the internet, and if it could adjust the time on the alarm panel, that would keep everything automatically in time.
            ok, I will add an action to sync the alarm panel time with system time.

Also, would like to be able to toggle the chime feature on and off from the status screen.
            what do you call the "chime feature"? Do you mean you want to be able to trigger the panic alarm form the device management screen?

Comment

The clock feature would be great!

What I ment about the door chime is it would be nice to be able to turn the door chime on and off, while at home, and the system is disarmed.

My problem is the door chime gets turned off by other family members, and then never gets turned back on, until I notice it. I realize the chime is programed per keypad, and it may not be possible to turn the chime on/off, on all keypads at once?

During high traffic times, you just don't want to hear the chime everytime the door opens and closes. However, in the evenings, I want to know when a door is opened.

I even took avantage of the 4 different sounds the DSC panel offered.
              I have the 4 beeps, only on the garage doors.
              I have "Ding Dong, only on regular doors.
              I have "Ding Ding" only on windows.
              I have the alarm sound, only on the side gate.
              Doing this, you have an idea what is happening, just from the sound of the chime.

Thanks!

Comment

The plugin already has 2 triggers: "Chime Enabled" and "Chime Disabled" which let HS know when someone turn on/off the chime feature, but I can't see anything in the API doc that would let us turn on/off this feature pro grammatically.

How do you turn on/off this feature on your keypad (I don't think I can do that on mine)?

Comment

I have added the "Sync Alarm Time" action in v3.0.0.5, you can download it from here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161219

please test it and let me know if it works, as my keypad does not display time, I can't really test.

Also the API doc says: Please note it may take up to 4 minutes for this command to be reflected on all the keypads on the security system

Comment

WOW, that was fast!

I will download and test right away, and let you know.

On my keypads, I have 5 extra buttons, that can be programmed to do over 30 different things.

By default,
                    key#1 is STAY ARM
                    key#2 is AWAY ARM
                    key#3 is CHIME
                    key#4 is COMMAND OUTPUT#2
                    key#5 is QUICK EXIT

To toggle chime, you just need to press and hold the button for about 2 seconds.

Maybe you can send the "key press" from HS3 to the DSC panel via your EVL3 plugin?

Comment

OK, I finally got the plugin updated.
                      You should add the step (disable the plugin) prior to trying to install the update. If it is enabled, the upgrade fails.

Anyhow, I did get it to update, and I rebooted my computer, and HS3, but I do not see anything new on the status screen where all my zones , and my partition is listed.

Is the upgrade somewhere else? Do I need to look somewhere else to find the command? I am very new to HS3, so I am not real good at finding my way around the interface just yet. Still working on it.

Comment

I found the place to add the action "sync Time". So I created an event, if it was 4:15pm, to sync the time with the alarm panel.

4:15PM came and went, and homeseer never ran the event? I must be missing something, it is such a small easy event?

I did get it to sync the time if I manually run the event command by clicking on the "run" command.

It appeared to work, but the time was up to 20 seconds off the correct time, after I synced the time?
                        Maybe there is a big lag time between sending the command, and the panel doing the command?

Maybe you can add an offset option, to offset the time +- a few seconds, so the end user could tweak the time stamp to be more accurate?

Michael

Comment

I found the place to add the action "sync Time". So I created an event, if it was 4:15pm, to sync the time with the alarm panel.

4:15PM came and went, and homeseer never ran the event? I must be missing something, it is such a small easy event?
                          It works for me, I chose a trigger of type "The Time is this", and the event ran at the hour I specified

I did get it to sync the time if I manually run the event command by clicking on the "run" command.

It appeared to work, but the time was up to 20 seconds off the correct time, after I synced the time?
                          Maybe there is a big lag time between sending the command, and the panel doing the command?
                          I don't think there is a lag, the problem is that there no way to specify a number of seconds when setting the alarm panel time. So you should always sync when seconds=0.

Thank you for testing.

Comment

How hard would it be to add the Entry Delay and Exit Delay to the partition status? That way, if you're arming the system from your phone, which I do sometimes, you get an immediate feedback from a status icon that it is in process of arming. As it is now, you have to wait the minute for the status to change to armed. I can see the entry/exit delay status from the direct Envisalink web page or from Eyezon, but wasn't sure if they expose that status via their API.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by charbaugh View Post
                              How hard would it be to add the Entry Delay and Exit Delay to the partition status? That way, if you're arming the system from your phone, which I do sometimes, you get an immediate feedback from a status icon that it is in process of arming. As it is now, you have to wait the minute for the status to change to armed. I can see the entry/exit delay status from the direct Envisalink web page or from Eyezon, but wasn't sure if they expose that status via their API.

Thanks!
                              yes it's available via the API, I will add these two statuses in the next version.

Comment

Working...
                              X