X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll do some tests and see if I can identify the issue for you.
    Jon

Comment

Pierre,

I found the issue with the UTF-8 characters. It looks like the ini text file is encoded to Windows 1252. I used Edit-Pad lite http://www.editpadlite.com/ to convert the files text encoding to UTF-8 and all is now OK. Converting will change existing accentuated characters so you need to put them back as they were.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

I will change the supplied INI files in the download to UTF-8 and hopefully release the new version with your request in the next few days.
      Jon

Comment

V1.0.2 is now available:

Added [devicelastchangealt] tag to show "Today" and "Yesterday" as the date when appropriate with optional language support as per the HS3 device management page.
        Changed replace tag from square to curly brackets for compatibility issues.
        Jon

Comment

Thank you John !

I could verify that my text editor (Notepad2) was also saving files in ANSI encoding, and that this must be set to UTF-8 with signature in order to have everything OK.
          This has also to be set for the (excellent) Jon00 Virtual Device Graphing HS3.

I have the strange feeling of using Jon's software now, not HS3.

I wonder how HS3 could be used in everyday's familly life, without these utilities !
          Is HS team expecting every user to setup HSTOUCH screens before starting ?
          I hope HSTouch for HS3 wil be far better than for HS2, but might not need it anymore ...
          Last edited by Pierre; October 21, 2014, 06:09 AM. Reason: typo
          Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

So a friendly norwegian gave me a hint that he found my server using usikkert.no tonight. Not a big deal I thought, I have strong passwords on my site.

But he could actually grab the default page (which is Jon00s web page builder which includes updated shots from all my cameras) by clicking "Cancel" on the authentication alot!

How did that happen?!?
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I'm not sure why you posted here. It is a HS Web server issue.
              Jon

Comment

Because that does not happen if I don't use the Quick Web page builder as startup page.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Jon, sorry! I believe it is an user error. Turns out that I had somehow unchecked "Require a Password for Custom Page 1"!

Comment

I am using the latest HS3 beta .149 and checked "Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images", but when I access a page containing images built with the WEb Page Builder, the images do no refresh and have to reload the content to get the latest image. This is with both IE and Firefox and the image was defined as below to include a random value:

Column2Section5-1Left=[Image,Images/hspi_ultranetcam3/snapshots/NetCam001/last_snapshot.jpg#<rand>,160,120]

with resulting URL

http://hs3/Images/hspi_ultranetcam3/...#11201555404PM

How shall I configure the image to force a refresh each time the page is accessed for the specific images? Thanks

Comment

Try:

Column2Section5-1Left=[Image,Images/hspi_ultranetcam3/snapshots/NetCam001/last_snapshot.jpg?time=<rand>,160,120]
                      Jon

Comment

Thanks and so far appears to work.

Comment

Location of download?

Jon,

I can't find the Web Site Builder on your download page.... am I just missing it?

Thank you!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                            Jon,

I can't find the Web Site Builder on your download page.... am I just missing it?

Thank you!

Chris
                            It's the little disk on the top left

Comment

See attachment
                              Attached Files

Comment

Custom menu, guest access

Jon,

I am now using the Web page builder for my custom pages, to replace the .asp pages I had put together for HS2.
                                It has been quite easy to manage, sometimes I had to embed a sophisticated .asp of my own, in a Webbuilder page.
                                HS3 has made thing easier for many reasons and the WebpageBuilder takes advantage of it.

The first thing I would like to improve now is having a custom menu on every page
                                I made easily a custom menu with buttons linked to url's, contained in a ColumnXsectionX, that I copied to every page.
                                I works quite ok but I have to change every page when I update the menu for some reason.
                                I could use Appendini= to have a menu appended as a footer, but I want it on the top, as a header...
                                I hope you can fix something to append before the page, or append a column or a section from another page.

The second thing is opening to outside visitors:
                                I used to do that for HS2, and it was great fun for friends to have access to the house and trigger some great looking events, or have a look at _some_ cameras.
                                I can restrict guest to see pages using Guestview = 0, but I would prefer have an option that allows/disallows guest to fire events, and a another not to show a section or best, a device or a button to guest.
                                Also it would be great not to show the system menu to guest, using a RemoveLinksForGuest option.

As before I am surprised how much I rely on this, I did not find enough bravery to change my old and ugly HsTouch screens made for HS2.
                                Thanks again for your work, I am happy that free-plugins programmers are here to enhance HS in such a good way.
                                Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Working...
                                X