Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Fischi,

1) Can you please tell me the Homeseer addresses for your program devices?
      2) Does this happen to all your program devices or only the first?
      3) Does this only happen with the "run once" button or also the enable/disable?
      4) Does this happen to other devices like a single zone or rain delay?

That info will help me troubleshoot.
      Cheers.

Comment

Hi Matt,
        I have created 2 programs at the moment : Programm_1 and Programm_2.
        The address under "Configuration" for both is "OS-Program" (grey letters).
        The technology addresses are "OS-Program1". and. "OS-Program2" .
        The reference ID's are 1149 and 1152 .
        This happens for all program devices and for enable, disable and once,
        not for other devices like rain delay or other.

I've created an event that runs the immediate script

&hs.GetURL("192.168.178.40","/cr?pw=xxx&t=[30,30]",TRUE,80)

and this runs for all program devices without failures.

Best regards, Fischi

Comment

Hi Matt,

I'm also seeing intermittent issues on the "Running Status" device with comms fail. I'm trying to get some debug now to help.

I haven't been able to duplicate the issue Fischi is seeing yet.

Jun-21 10:11:09 AM OpenSprinkler Stop All successfully set
          Jun-21 10:11:08 AM OS-Debug SetIOMulti called for: OS-Status, Command:2
          Jun-21 10:11:08 AM Device Control Device: Outside OpenSprinkler Running Status to Stop All (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Jun-21 10:10:45 AM OpenSprinkler Master and Pond Fill is currently on
          Jun-21 10:10:44 AM OpenSprinkler Run Once Program: Pond Fill successfully set
          Jun-21 10:10:44 AM OS-Debug /cr?pw=xxx&t=[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,7200,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]
          Jun-21 10:10:44 AM OS-Debug SetIOMulti called for: OS-Program4, Command:5
          Jun-21 10:10:44 AM Device Control Device: Outside OpenSprinkler Program: Pond Fill to Run Once (5) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Hi Jerry,

My Running Status device shows always correct.
            I've never seen comms fail.
            The "Stop All" always runs OK.

Regards,
            Fischi

Comment

Thanks Fischi. It's possibly really a communication issue. I'm using wifi and it is a bit far away although I'm not seen other evidence of that. This is what I get in the log:

Jun-21 11:02:42 AM OS-Plugin Error: Communication with Opensprinkler lost (3 consecutive failed reads)
              Jun-21 11:02:09 AM OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 2 consecutive cycles
              Jun-21 11:01:18 AM OS-Debug Warning: Opensprinkler did not respond to Poll 1 consecutive cycles

I can then click Stop All and it is successful in restoring the status to 0 (All zones are off) until it happens again later.

Jun-21 11:23:23 AM OpenSprinkler All zones are off
              Jun-21 11:23:23 AM OpenSprinkler Stop All successfully set
              Jun-21 11:23:23 AM OS-Debug SetIOMulti called for: OS-Status, Command:2
              Jun-21 11:23:23 AM Device Control Device: Outside OpenSprinkler Running Status to Stop All (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Jerry,

I'm also using wifi and I use the recommended TP Link TL-WR702N in Client mode.
                It runs very fine.

Regards, Fischi

Comment

I don't think it's a communication issue. It is very repeatable. The problem starts just after 1 minute past the top of every hour and the whole event is over by 3 minutes past the top of the hour. I grabbed some Wireshark traces and you can see communication problems during this time, possibly a timeout to a command issued to the OpenSprinkler followed by a bunch of failed retries. It may be that the OS is busy doing something but I don't know.

The only issue is that the "Running Status" device shows comms fail although you can click Stop All and it works so there is not really a comms fail once the event stops. Clicking the button restores the status until the next hour. If you don't click the button it stays showing comms fail for that one device only. I'm going to try to capture some more Wireshark traces to see if the OS is doing something on the internet (getting weather for instance) during that time.

Matt, I can send wireshark traces if you like. If I'm the only one seeing this it really isn't that big a deal - just an annoyance I could live with. May be something due to my setup.

Comment

The "Comms Fail" is just set to come up if any one of the five requests for info fails three times in a row. So it could still be receiving data, just not all of it. The commands would still work if this is the case.

This never used to happen until Firmware 2.13 and now it seems most people are seeing it. I might modify the plugin so that it just holds last value on failure and only times out and displays "Comms Failure" if it loses comms for over a minute or so. I might be able to optimise the polls it makes so that some are more frequent than others, etc.

I'll do this next week and put a new version in the updater.

I'm happy for you to send me some wireshark traces but I'm a bit of a novice in that area so you would have to send it with a fair bit of explanation. I've seen these comms fails on my own system and it seems to be the OS device which is getting tied up as I've tried disabling the plugin and repeatably hitting it from a different pc and occasionally I get a very slow reply. Like I said, it never happened on 2.10 or 2.11.

Comment

Just a note, mine is working fine with the 2.1.5.0 update above and the 2.1.5 firmware.

A couple suggestions, i'd like to only see the date-time on the devices change when their value changes. for example: opensprinkler controller, programs, rain delay, rain sensor and auto-weather seem to update the date-time even though there was no change. The zones, last run and running status seem to work well.
                      HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Hi Matt,

I'm a bit of a novice with Wireshark as well. When I have time I'll go take a look and see if I can figure out what *was* happening. I did indeed seem like the OS might have been tied up and was thus slow to respond. Anyway, I changed the poll setting to 30 (not sure I completely understand this setting) and the issue seems to have gone away. Thanks again for your quick fix to get the plugin to work with the latest OS firmware.

Comment

Hi All,

Please test this for me, if no problems I will put in the official updater.
                          I'm still using Firmware 2.1.4 and no issues here.
                          Misraels - all my devices only update the datetime when there is a change . I'm not seeing what you describe?

New version 2.1.5.3 - changes since last release 1.2.1.5:
                          1) Updated to make compatible with OS Firmware 2.1.5 (plugin 2.1.5.0).
                          2) Changed device icons to use Homeseer's spiffy new icon sets.
                          3) Optimised the way the plugin polls the Opensprinkler device to reduce load and eliminate errors. This seems to be working well on my system.

If anyone doesn't like the new icons and wants to use the old ones let me know and I can probably build in a switch in the settings.

Cheers.
                          Matt,
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                            Hi All,

Please test this for me, if no problems I will put in the official updater.
                            I'm still using Firmware 2.1.4 and no issues here.
                            Misraels - all my devices only update the datetime when there is a change . I'm not seeing what you describe?

New version 2.1.5.3 - changes since last release 1.2.1.5:
                            1) Updated to make compatible with OS Firmware 2.1.5 (plugin 2.1.5.0).
                            2) Changed device icons to use Homeseer's spiffy new icon sets.
                            3) Optimised the way the plugin polls the Opensprinkler device to reduce load and eliminate errors. This seems to be working well on my system.

If anyone doesn't like the new icons and wants to use the old ones let me know and I can probably build in a switch in the settings.

Cheers.
                            Matt,
                            So far so good (I'm also still on 2.1.4). Though for some reason the "No Rain" icon for me is still the original green check mark and not one of the new ones. I do like how they look with the rest of the HS ones. Thanks for all your hard work.

EDIT: New No Rain icon just changed over... weird but all set now.
                            Last edited by mloebl; June 28, 2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Matt,

Could you please add in the plugin a switch to show the "old" icons ?

Regards, Fischi

Comment

Does the Opensprinkler software work in Homeseer version 2 or is this only for v3? My old Rainbird controller just quit and I am trying to decide if I want to get another dumb controller or something like Opensprinkler. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X