Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Backup Aeon Lab Zstick

Hi,
    Is any one know how to back up Aeon Lab Zstick?
    Please help?

Chin

As far as I know you can't. The hardware has to include the installer library which the "sticks" do not have.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That's right. I have it confirmed from Aeon Labs. There's no way to backup the Z-stick...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

So what do you do in the case of a Z-Stick failure? It's bound to happen eventually.

I wish the new ZTroller would come to the market soon. I have the sneaking suspicion that the Z-Stick is a tad crappy and I'm using one.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          So what do you do in the case of a Z-Stick failure? It's bound to happen eventually.

I wish the new ZTroller would come to the market soon. I have the sneaking suspicion that the Z-Stick is a tad crappy and I'm using one.
          Apparently it doesn't happen that often (but as you say, it will and it has).

What you do is easy. Buy a new one and set up the system again.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I have tried losing my primary.

Somehow I got a secondary promoted and I still use the same net.

I am not sure it should be possible to promote a secondary without the primary but it was. :-)

Regards
            Morten

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              Apparently it doesn't happen that often (but as you say, it will and it has).

What you do is easy. Buy a new one and set up the system again.

Easy? EASY!?

I have hundreds of events tied in with Z-Wave devices!

Easy.........
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I'm not very experienced with Z-stick but I just setup a second one on HS3 as a secondary controller. It was very easy to import all my existing device nodes. I think it is possible to convert the secondary controller to a primary one if the primary one is removed or fails. But I have never tried this.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                  Easy? EASY!?

I have hundreds of events tied in with Z-Wave devices!

Easy.........
                  "Easy" as in "not complicated". I didn't say it would be fun...

That's why I asked Aeon Labs directly. And I got really hopeful when I received the first replies (among the lines of "That should be possible, I'll check into it"), but later got the confirmation that it wasn't possible at all. I got the feeling that they have a tool (a program) that can do it, it's not publicly available.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                    I'm not very experienced with Z-stick but I just setup a second one on HS3 as a secondary controller. It was very easy to import all my existing device nodes. I think it is possible to convert the secondary controller to a primary one if the primary one is removed or fails. But I have never tried this.

Steve Q

... but I can't have two Z-sticks on the same network, can I?

I'd love to use a Z-troller, but it's out of stock (I'm sure there will be a new one around soon) and I'm in Europe. A new EU version of Z-troller would be AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                      ... but I can't have two Z-sticks on the same network, can I?
                      Yes, I have 1 on HS2 and 1 on HS3. They both can control my z-wave network of devices. But they are on 2 different computers. I don't know if you can have 2 z-sticks on the same computer. I would think it should work as long as they are assigned different COM ports.

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        As far as I know you can't. The hardware has to include the installer library which the "sticks" do not have.
                        Hi Rupp,
                        Do you know any "stick" which have the installer library?

cyf4746

Comment

Originally posted by cyf4746 View Post
                          Hi Rupp,
                          Do you know any "stick" which have the installer library?

cyf4746
                          No. None that I'm aware.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, just wondering then... There is an option in the Z-ztick interface "Send network information to another controller".
                            Does that mean you could plug an new Z-stick into the PC, and replicate the node info into it? One of the options is "send network info and make primary" so I would assume that would pretty much allow you to replace one Z-stick with another?

Comment

Could be. But there's no reason to do that unless you have a faulty stick. And I guess there is no way of doing that if the stick is faulty...

Comment

Working...
                              X