Caddx plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemendoza View Post
    dzee, I was having the same pincode is incorrect problem as you. I changed some of the settings in my 594 board and it worked. Sorry, I don't remember what settings. I think I went in there and turned everything on that I could.
    Thanks Mike. I'll review my settings on the HA board and make sure I've got them set right.

Comment

[QUOTE=dzee;1172815]Have you noticed the CADDX: Send Keypad Message option in the THEN pull-down? QUOTE]

I did notice that and can get it to work, I have a single keypad, so I use address 192, and if you set the time to like 30, it will display that message on the keypad for 30 seconds. But, it is different from the old plugin, this one just displays this one message and locks the display with that on the screen for the duration of the time set.

The old command worked like you described where it alternates between the time and system status messages.
      HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
        I will look into this...
        Rein, let me say how much I appreciate your work on this plugin. I was evaluating HS3 just days before you mentioned you were going to update the plugin, and once you posted it and I got it working, it was the deciding factor in my moving forward with HS3. Like others have already said, if you decide to sell this plugin, I would buy it.

I did notice one other minor nit while testing this weekend. When you click the chime toggle button, the status always reads "Chime on" on the Partition 1 Chime Control. Might it be because there is no status info that indicates on vs off at the interface you're working with? If you can determine on vs off, it would be nice for the status to update. If I can really push my luck, it would be nice to have an ON vs OFF command, too. I set the door chime on as part of the sleep routine so if any of our doors or windows open in the middle of the night, we hear the chime, then turn it off again in the morning so we don't have to hear it dinging all day when we're active.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by dzee View Post
          Rein, let me say how much I appreciate your work on this plugin. I was evaluating HS3 just days before you mentioned you were going to update the plugin, and once you posted it and I got it working, it was the deciding factor in my moving forward with HS3. Like others have already said, if you decide to sell this plugin, I would buy it.

I did notice one other minor nit while testing this weekend. When you click the chime toggle button, the status always reads "Chime on" on the Partition 1 Chime Control. Might it be because there is no status info that indicates on vs off at the interface you're working with? If you can determine on vs off, it would be nice for the status to update. If I can really push my luck, it would be nice to have an ON vs OFF command, too. I set the door chime on as part of the sleep routine so if any of our doors or windows open in the middle of the night, we hear the chime, then turn it off again in the morning so we don't have to hear it dinging all day when we're active.

Thanks again.
          I decided to keep it as a free plugin but feel free to sent me a PayPal donation

Chime on and off is toggle based in the Caddx API, so that why it is implemented like this. However you can check the value of the HS Chime device (0 = Off and 100 = On) and toggle depending on the status. I tested this behavior just now and this works in my setup.
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by mikemendoza View Post
            dzee, I was having the same pincode is incorrect problem as you. I changed some of the settings in my 594 board and it worked. Sorry, I don't remember what settings. I think I went in there and turned everything on that I could.
            Mike, FINALLY got around to revising configuration of NX584 today, and you were right. I proceeded going through Location 2 and Location 3 and it seems one of the bits in Location 3 Segment 3 allowed the Plug-in to verify the pincode. I didn't do it methodically one bit at a time, so I'm not sure which.

Comment

Rien,

Now that I have my Pincode verified, I noticed that ever since the newer version of the plugin was released the partition 1 status that used to show "Faulted" or "Ready" no longer appears. I just completely uninstalled CADDX, removed all the devices from the system, restarted, reinstalled, and went through the discovery process for zones and partitions and have the same problem. The only partition-level devices I see are the last user, the parition control, and the chime toggle.

Did the Partition 1 Status go away intentionally? I had used it to tell when all zones were ready rather than having to check each one individually.
              Last edited by dzee; April 22, 2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Rien,

Did the Partition 1 Status go away intentionally? I had used it to tell when all zones were ready rather than having to check each one individually.
                Bump. The Partition 1 statuses of Ready, Faulted, and Any Fault are no longer firing in my events but did in the previous edition of the plugin. Is anyone else having this issue? Is anyone else running 3.1.0.0 and HAVE a Ready/Faulted status after a new install of this plugin?
                Attached Files

Comment

I proceeded going through Location 2 and Location 3 and it seems one of the bits in Location 3 Segment 3 allowed the Plug-in to verify the pincode.
                  I was just able to resolve the same issue. However, I can't tell what other capability it gave me other than making the error go away. Everything works the same.

Turned on Location 3, Segment 3, Bit 3 (was previously off, and had the error)

Now Location 3, Segment 3 looks like this:

_ _ 3 _ 5 6 7 8

Comment

Rien (or anyone), Is there a way to detect the "Faulted" or "Ready" status of a partition from a script?

Comment

Rien (or anyone), Is there a way to detect the "Faulted" or "Ready" status of a partition from a script?
                      I will add scripting capabilities in the next release. I had never done that before in one of my plugins, but now I Know how to do it I only need to find some time
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                        I will add scripting capabilities in the next release. I had never done that before in one of my plugins, but now I Know how to do it I only need to find some time
                        While I would prefer to access this info directly in a script, I found a work-around based on a timer value. I've created this timer to trigger the shut off of HVAC when doors or windows have remained open for over 5 minutes. The timer is reset to zero when the partition goes to Ready status. To have access to the faulted status in my script, I look at that timer and convert a non-zero timer to a true boolean to indicate the condition is faulted (open):

Code:
                         Dim OpenTime As TimeSpan = hs.TimerValue("DoorsWindowsOpen") 'DoorsWindowsOpen timer starts when partition faulted event occurs in event builder, and is cleared when Partition goes to Ready status
                         Dim isFaulted As Boolean = (OpenTime.TotalSeconds > 0) ' Sets 'isFaulted' = true when DoorsWindowsOpen timer is > 0 seconds
                        Last edited by dzee; May 3, 2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the great plugin!

I was thinking of adding the caddx relay expansion module for HS control instead of getting an ADIO-100. Will this plugin allow control of these expansion boards?

Here is a link to the manual for the board.

http://www.loks.lv/PDF/GE/EN/NX-507E_508E.pdf
                          -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                          Way2 Call
                          Elk M1 Gold
                          UPB HAI switches
                          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

The new house has a NX-8V2 that I would like to connect into HS3 and came across your new script.
                              My question is this only connects via RS-232, right?
                              Ideally I'd like to connect via ethernet using the NX-590E board.

If that isn't an option then it looks like I would need the NX-584e expander with a rs-232 to ethernet converter such as Global Cache IP2SL-P Ethernet to Serial Converter (PoE). This is a more expensive and complex option but it seems the choices are limited.

Panel and HS are on different floors of the house. Running serial cable isn't practical.

General thoughts?
                              Thx,
                              Randy

Comment

Originally posted by gmab View Post
                                The new house has a NX-8V2 that I would like to connect into HS3 and came across your new script.
                                My question is this only connects via RS-232, right?
                                Ideally I'd like to connect via ethernet using the NX-590E board.

If that isn't an option then it looks like I would need the NX-584e expander with a rs-232 to ethernet converter such as Global Cache IP2SL-P Ethernet to Serial Converter (PoE). This is a more expensive and complex option but it seems the choices are limited.

Panel and HS are on different floors of the house. Running serial cable isn't practical.

General thoughts?
                                Thx,
                                Randy
                                The serial to ethernet adapters are usually designed to encapsulated serial data into network packets, transmit it, then reassemble it either via a virtual COM port running as software on a PC or with a matching adapter to convert the ethernet back to serial. The CADDX has an established protocol for network traffic. It would be unlikely that once converted from serial to ethernet that it will be compatible with what the CADDX board expects to be TX/RX'ing over its ethernet port. This isn't a matter of simply getting physical connectors to match, but a protocol of electronic signals that travel the wiring.

On the other hand, if the CADDX were the serial device, and you ran the virtual COM port software available for the IP2SL device on the HS host, it would likely work, but that means changing out the CADDX board for Serial. If you go that far, the CAT5 you already have run could be used as a serial cable to avoid the RS232/Serial adapters entirely. There are ready-to-use Serial to CAT5 adapters available that simply make a physical serial connection through the existing CAT5 copper, without any protocol changes. The CAT5 should handle serial just fine for well over 100' if not upwards of 200'.

Update: I was just looking at the doc for the NX-590E board (http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/UTC/...n%20Manual.pdf) and it appears that board may also have RS232 already on it in addition to the network connection.

On a separate posting, I found someone talking about the difficulty of decoding the encryption used on the ethernet data. That makes sense because if using serial the communication is point-to-point and probably doesn't need encryption, but if transmitted as data packets on an ethernet network, they could be captured by a spy device simply plugged into the network, and data such as pin-code might be shown in plain-text if not encrypted.
                                Last edited by dzee; May 17, 2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X