X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature requests

Please add your feature requests here.

I will update this post with the current status and expected availability of the requests in future versions.
    • Group the devices,
      This can be done by a script. Not everybody wants this, so I leave it like it is and group the devices yourself.
    • Add a Device Image
      I will add this in the 3.1 release. --> Done !!
    • Event action to set the display on the keypad
    • Keypad chime toggle
    • User which disarmed the partition
    • On the chime toggle. It would be great if the chime status could have an "Off" value and an "On" value. Currently, when I toggle the chime, the value remains "On" or 100 regardless if it is on or off. I would like to be able to check the status to determine which mode the chime is in currently in case I want to set it to either Off or On. Perhaps the toggle should be changed to an Off button and an On button.
    • Could you add "Last Zone Faulted". When selected, this would include the "Zone History" with Date/Time and Status. Also include the records to display. These were in the jvCaddx plug-in and I found this useful to inspect which zones faulted and in what sequence. Good tool if you want to know what path someone took assuming you have a lot of motion sensors in place.
    • The ability to trigger the panic alarms (fire, emergency, police)
    • Sync time to the panel
    • Activate 'Armed Stay' without the timer bleeps from the panel.
    • I'd like to revisit the keypad message option. I know you implemented an option to send a message to the keypad, but it only shows for a brief amount of time. There is an option that was used in HS2 where you would send 2 lines of text and it would alternate that display with the system status displays until you either sent blank lines of text or changed to a new message. This option is in the manual as Program Custom Messages (92), 193= custom message line 1, and 194=custom message 2
    • I haven't checked this, but can we get names associate with pin numbers for last armed or unarmed? I believe there is a name field stored with the users in the system already.
    • Graphics options, i'd love to see a config page where we could reference which images we want to use for the different icons, this would make it easier for us to use custom icons, or even reference the newer flat icons being used by HS.

Last edited by Rien du Pre; February 13, 2016, 05:13 AM.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Keypad Chime toggle would be nice.

Comment

I know you said you'd add it, but just to be sure it doesn't fall off the list, the user code to disarm would be a very useful addition.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        I know you said you'd add it, but just to be sure it doesn't fall off the list, the user code to disarm would be a very useful addition.
        Hi Mike,

How would you like to have this implemented ? In a separate HS device, just in the logging or......
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Sorry, I missed this post.
          James made the last user number accessible in a script call
          hs.Plugin("jvCaddx Plug-in").GetLastUserNumber
          That works for me. Populating a device value would save me a step.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
              Please add your feature requests here.

I will update this post with the current status and expected availability of the requests in future versions.
              • Group the devices,
                This can be done by a script. Not everybody wants this, so I leave it like it is and group the devices yourself.
              After reading up on what is required to script the grouping here http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165516
              I have a request. Could you possibly provide a pair of scripts, one to group and one to ungroup? I know I am capable of figuring it out and doing it properly eventually, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that would like a set of scripts that will work properly the first time and not cause the chaos mentioned in that thread if I mess something up with my experimentation.

Humbly submitted for your consideration, not really even a request, as I can deal with it myself if it bugs me enough.

Thanks for adding the other features.

Comment

Transition events

Is there a way for transition events to trigger HS events? That is, I know Caddx tracks every time motion is detected, door opens etc. Can those events trigger events in HS (rather than checking status)? I think this may already exist, but I just am new to HS events.

Comment

I have a feature request.

The ability to trigger the panic alarms (fire, emergency, police)

Comment

A few feature requests:

1) I'd like to revisit the keypad message option. I know you implemented an option to send a message to the keypad, but it only shows for a brief amount of time. There is an option that was used in HS2 where you would send 2 lines of text and it would alternate that display with the system status displays until you either sent blank lines of text or changed to a new message. This option is in the manual as Program Custom Messages (92), 193= custom message line 1, and 194=custom message 2

2) I haven't checked this, but can we get names associate with pin numbers for last armed or unarmed? I believe there is a name field stored with the users in the system already.

3) Graphics options, i'd love to see a config page where we could reference which images we want to use for the different icons, this would make it easier for us to use custom icons, or even reference the newer flat icons being used by HS.

Thanks Rien, absolutely love the plug-in.
                    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Hello Rien,

Some requests for a update:
                      - Sync time to the panel
                      - Activate 'Armed Stay' without the timer bleeps from the panel.

Thx!!
                      Marcel

Comment

Originally posted by WAVI View Post
                        Hello Rien,

Some requests for a update:
                        - Sync time to the panel
                        - Activate 'Armed Stay' without the timer bleeps from the panel.

Thx!!
                        Marcel
                        I'll see what I can do
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Feature Request(s)

Hell Rien,

Great plug-in. Looking thru some of the recent requests and hope you get a chance to add these when you get time.

1) On the chime toggle. It would be great if the chime status could have an "Off" value and an "On" value. Currently, when I toggle the chime, the value remains "On" or 100 regardless if it is on or off. I would like to be able to check the status to determine which mode the chime is in currently in case I want to set it to either Off or On. Perhaps the toggle should be changed to an Off button and an On button.

2) Could you add "Last Zone Faulted". When selected, this would include the "Zone History" with Date/Time and Status. Also include the records to display. These were in the jvCaddx plug-in and I found this useful to inspect which zones faulted and in what sequence. Good tool if you want to know what path someone took assuming you have a lot of motion sensors in place.

-Cliff

Comment

Caddx plug-in for Raspberry Pi 2 (Raspien) Linux

Hello Rien.

I have hesitated to move from HS2 to HS3 primarily because of the lack of support for my Caddx security system. I am using the jvCaddx plug-in, but there is no path for this upgrade as we know.

Now that you have released this fine work - THANKS!! - I am looking at the Raspberry Pi2 as my hardware platform for my HomeSeer system. The HS2 PC I am using runs WinXP. So, I have been running some tests with the Pi2 and think that it could work for me.

What are your thoughts/plans for a Linux compatible plug-in to support the Caddx system?

Thanks in advance!!

Larry

Comment

I never tested the plugin with Linux, I have very less Linux knowledge.

I read there could be issues with paths (slash vs backslash) and com ports, but I encountered other issues as well.

The com port is used by the plug-in (off course), but I don't know where to start and investigate. I don't have a test system anymore, so troubleshooting will also be difficult.

So if you can't get the plugin to to work with Linux, I don't think I can help you on the short term.

Sorry for this message, it's probably not what you want to hear.
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X