This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick21 View Post
    Had another couple go's at it tonight. No anti-virus on. Looks like it installs cleanly. Updater log messages below. One thing I did notice was the Ecobee.ini file was of zero bytes. The syntax of the copy statement was different in the update log as well. (\\?)

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Install/Update of package Ecobee was successful.

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\\Ecobee.ini

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Extraction Complete.

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: images.zip

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\System.Time.dll

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\Ecobee.Net.dll

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\Ecobee\Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Ecobee.exe.config

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_Ecobee.exe

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Installing package Ecobee

Dec-27 10:01:22 PM Updater Update HSPI_Ecobee.exe downloaded successfully

Dec-27 10:01:20 PM Updater Downloading update: Ecobee

Dec-27 10:01:20 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Same result.. soon as I enable the plugin HSPI_ecobee.exe exits with a windows error type of System.IO.FileLoadException

Other HS3 functions seem to be working properly, again I'm sure it must be something within my environment. I'll go have another look at the .net status on Win2K8R2 where the HS instance lives.
    Ecobbe.ini being empty when you install the plugin is ok, it is supposed to be like that.

The error says that one of the lib of .Net framework can't be loaded. This is usually a rights problem, that's why I mentioned to turn off any anti virus because sometime they can prevent the plugin to access other files on your system.

Can you run any other plugin on your system?

One thing you can try is to open a windows command prompt with administrator rights, then cd to your HS3 dir, then type HSPI_Ecobee.exe to start the plugin manually.

Comment

Hi Spud. Thanks again for the help. Yes six or seven other plugins working ok. (Including your Nest Plugin if it utilizes similar calls). Tried the cmd method.. same result except perhaps more clarity on the error.

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3>HSPI_ecobee
      Plugin: Ecobee Instance: starting...
      Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
      Connection attempt #1
      Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
      Dec-28 09:38:58 INFO Ecobee version 3.0.0.5

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembl
      y 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a
      6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition do
      es not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
      at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.<Init>b__1()
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionCo
      ntext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
      ontextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, C
      ontextCallback callback, Object state)
      at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Will try the .net installation again. Not convinced it is up to the level required. Maybe there are additional things I need to do to enable .net 4.5 other than just installing from the web and running the installation wizard.

thx. Rick

Comment

Just installed .net Framework 4.6. Went to the Services and Roles.. some ambiguity there about .net 3.5 being installed etc but enabled features like web server IIS etc to ensure that .net extensibility was there. Rebooted server a bunch of times.. same result. HSPIecobee cannot function. all other PI's load without issues. No anti-virus on the server, using administrator ID with administrator privileges. Using ecobee3 plugin version 3.005 (tried .007 already). Kinda stumped at this point.. if it works fine for other users on a windows server platform then there has to be a feature or role or configuration option then I am missing. Any other things the plugin needs or "requires" to run from your end?

thanks again, Rick.

Comment

according to the error you had in the console, the problem is related to Newtonsoft.Json.dll
          You probably have a version of this dll in your root HS3 folder which conflicts with the one installed by the Ecobee plugin in bin/Ecobee. Delete the one in your root folder and restart the plugin.

Comment

Groan.. you nailed it. Saw the Newtonsoft JSON file in the install routine and made a note to check that out but obviously never did. Upon review it was different than the Ecobee version and referenced 4.0.. When I tried to delete it was being used by the Nest plugin which I disabled and was able to delete the Dll. Up and running!!. Very happy about that. Nest plugin comes back too so all is good.

Now time to build some screens and see what the Ecobee can do. Thanks for your quick response and solution!!

Cheers, Rick.

Comment

glad it's working

the Nest plugin install and use the Newtonsoft.Json.dll in bin/Nest
              if you can find out which plugin has installed this dll in the root folder, let me know, we need to tell the author to use bin/<pluginname> to avoid conflicts.

Comment

ecoBee interface for Zee S2

Is the plugin available for HomeTroller Zee S2? I looked through the interface list but I see only the Nest plugin and not ecoBee. I switched to ecoBee from Zwave thermostat because it has the ability to average out the temperature across multiple sensors which is a huge advantage if you have the thermostat in the hallway away from your main living areas such as the family room and master bedroom.
                Please advise...

Comment

Originally posted by meboxster View Post
                  Is the plugin available for HomeTroller Zee S2? I looked through the interface list but I see only the Nest plugin and not ecoBee. I switched to ecoBee from Zwave thermostat because it has the ability to average out the temperature across multiple sensors which is a huge advantage if you have the thermostat in the hallway away from your main living areas such as the family room and master bedroom.
                  Please advise...
                  The Ecobee plugin is not supported on Linux platforms yet, it's on my TODO list but no ETA yet.

Comment

Hi,

The plugin seems to be working well, but I received this error twice in a five minute period a few days ago:
                    ERROR System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.Http.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.ThermostatSummary.d__c.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__12.MoveNext()

No errors since then. Is this a problem?

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by jwshome2 View Post
                      Hi,

The plugin seems to be working well, but I received this error twice in a five minute period a few days ago:
                      ERROR System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.Http.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at Ecobee.Net.ThermostatSummary.d__c.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__12.MoveNext()

No errors since then. Is this a problem?

Regards.
                      Unfortunately the error does not give a lot of information. If everything still works fine after it, I would just ignore it, it may be some kind of network error.
                      If you can reproduce it, set the log level to debug, and post the full logs.
                      Thanks

Comment

First night of downloading plugin since just received the Ecobee. I tried doing the beta version 3.0.9 but it failed to install. I deleted the update override and installed the 3.0.7 from the updater and I am up and running. Not sure if there is something wrong with what I did or if there is something wrong with the zip file of 3.0.9.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                          First night of downloading plugin since just received the Ecobee. I tried doing the beta version 3.0.9 but it failed to install. I deleted the update override and installed the 3.0.7 from the updater and I am up and running. Not sure if there is something wrong with what I did or if there is something wrong with the zip file of 3.0.9.
                          could you post the logs you got when you tried to install 3.0.0.9. Thanks

Comment

Looks like it was my fault. I went to look for the log and noticed the Ecobee plugin was the only zip folder in the Updates3 location. I didn't put the zip file in the Zip folder like the instructions mentioned. I haven't installed .9 yet but that was probably the reason.

Comment

Eagerly awaiting Linux/Mac compatible plug-in

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              The Ecobee plugin is not supported on Linux platforms yet, it's on my TODO list but no ETA yet.
                              Thanks, took me a while to find this buried in the thread.

FWIW (which you no doubt already know), I was able to install the beta plug-in in the controller on both Linux (Ubuntu 14.04) and Mac (10.11 El Capitan), but clicking Authorize didn't do anything (except "ERROR" in the log).

Aside from that, I haven't managed to get audio working on either Ubuntu or Mac, but this isn't important to me, so I won't put much effort into it. And the log won't display in the controller (widely discussed elsewhere, also not a deal-breaker for me). Otherwise, the controller seems to work well on both platforms (and also on Windows 10), although I don't have any devices, yet, so it's not doing a lot :-).

Thanks for the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                                I will be purchasing HomeSeer in the next month and this is the only thing stopping me. Any word on when it'll be available?

Comment

Working...
                                X