Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAPI and decimal places

Hi,

I have a ZWave Radiator Valve which presents as a Thermostat. It can be set in 0.5 degree C increments between 4 and 32 degrees C. On the device management page, there is a text box - you type the setpoint you want, hit submit and the valve takes on the new setpoint. All working as you'd expect.

When it comes to events, though, you are only able to set the setpoint device to a value from a drop down list, which only includes integer values from 4 to 32 degrees, so you can't set e.g. 19.5 degrees.

The device status/graphics page has got decimal places set to 1 as per attached screen grab, but this doesn't appear to make any difference.

I've tried using a script to set the setpoint using CAPI, but that doesn't work either.

How can I get the device to honour the decimal places setting? I have tried deleting the range values and adding in single values for e.g. 19, 19.5, 20 degrees so they can be set via events, but if the device is rescanned, the original ranges as shown get re-applied and it's all a bit of a mess.

I don't think this is particularly a Zwave issue - can anything be done to resolve the decimal place setting being ignored so I can simply set the setpoint from events?

Thanks,

Jon.
    Attached Files

I have a device that presents itself with a numeric text box. If I enter something like 1.23 then the value sent to the target device through CAPI is 1.23. I suspect that the Thermostat control was only implemented with integers so an easy list could be presented.

Comment

Working...
    X