HS3 initial setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 initial setup

I just installed the HS3 version trying to get this one to work better than Homeseers plugin.

As an FYI, this is my first attempt at using a global cache product.

I tried following the help but it is for the HS2 version.

What I have done so far:

Enabled the plugin, went to options and added the IP address of the Global Itach IP2IR device I have. I didn't do this at first because I thought this plugin automatically discovered the device.

Then the plugin wanted me to restart Homeseer which I did. I try to go to any of the tabs and I do not see the device listed. All dropdowns are blank.

I have iHelp running and it shows the device on my network.

Am I doing something obviously incorrect? Do I need to add IR commands to the device before the plugin discovers it? I have not added any IR commands as of yet.

The help file for UltraGCIR3 is available on the HS3 help page. Go to Tools - Help.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks I will look at it. I am use the "Help" being under the plugin tab where the config location is.

Comment

I still can't get this plugin to recognize the device.

I went back to Homeseers plugin and it found the device and was able to "learn" DirecTV's power button and was able to deploy it through the test button so I know the device is working.

I noticed the LG TV commands were posted on another thread since that is the TV I have but have not had any luck getting those "learned".

Without the device being seen by this plugin I can't import those commands either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
          I still can't get this plugin to recognize the device.

I went back to Homeseers plugin and it found the device and was able to "learn" DirecTV's power button and was able to deploy it through the test button so I know the device is working.

I noticed the LG TV commands were posted on another thread since that is the TV I have but have not had any luck getting those "learned".

Without the device being seen by this plugin I can't import those commands either.

Any help would be appreciated.
          A few things to check:
          • Make sure the other HomeSeer plug-ins and any Global Cache programs are not running. If running, they my prevent my plug-in from listening on the UDP multi-cast group.
          • Confirm you installed the UltraGCIR3 plug-in from the system running HomeSeer. You should have seen a Windows firewall prompt asking if you authorize the UltraGCIR3 plug-in to listen for incoming packets.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            A few things to check:
            • Make sure the other HomeSeer plug-ins and any Global Cache programs are not running. If running, they my prevent my plug-in from listening on the UDP multi-cast group.
            • Confirm you installed the UltraGCIR3 plug-in from the system running HomeSeer. You should have seen a Windows firewall prompt asking if you authorize the UltraGCIR3 plug-in to listen for incoming packets.
            I can confirm I did get the windows firewall prompt and I selected Allow.

I did have Homeseer's plugin enabled as well as yours. I disabled theirs, removed the IP from the Options Page, and restarted Homeseer.

That seemed to have worked Seems I have tried all this before but didn't work oh well, it works now.

Now I will start the IR assigning and see if I have any other questions.

Thank you.

Comment

I was able to import the IRs for the LG TV and all is good!

Comment

Is this plugin supported for linux?

I just got a HomeTroller-SEL running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.143 (Linux). I don't see the UltraGCIR in the list of available plugins. Is this only available for HS3 for windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Hektik View Post
                  I just got a HomeTroller-SEL running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.143 (Linux). I don't see the UltraGCIR in the list of available plugins. Is this only available for HS3 for windows?
                  No, it's not working with Linux yet. I'll modify the plug-in to support Linux soon.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi Ultrajones

any estimation for hs3 linux UltraGCIR support ?

i really like to move to work with a linux machine to be the control center.

Thanks

TZach

Comment

My target date is 13 days from Today.

Comment

Working...
                      X