Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro motion sensors

Hi all

I have lots of (mostly Fibaro) z-wave devices and am switching from Fibaro's HS2 controller to a Hometroller SEL PRO.

I have been adding my old devices starting with the motion sensors. One of the sensors shows accelerometer devices for each axis, and this device also shows a 100% battery (which I know is not true). All the other motions sensors show 0% battery (which I also know is not true). Every single motion sensor shows 0 lux/luminance.

At least motion seems to be detected OK.

What is going on? I assume the firmware version is different with the three-axis device, but I don't know how to check? Why do none of the batteries or luminance sensors report correctly? I've seen screenshots on the forum where these sensors report everything correctly, so I know it's possible.

I've also noticed that the temperatures aren't reporting -- literally the only thing that works is the motion sensor.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Comment

Originally posted by bazyr View Post
      I've also noticed that the temperatures aren't reporting -- literally the only thing that works is the motion sensor.

Anyone have any ideas about this?
      It's likely the various parameters that you can set in the device, the motion sensors are particularly configurable and the Fibaro HC probably makes this process a bit more seamless (being as though it is made by the same people as the sensors) so you might not have realised that they needed to be set.

Here is the manual for one of the firmware versions - https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/m...-EN-T-v2.1.pdf

Parameter 64 (temperature reporting interval) is for example set to 0 by default so you would never get the temp update unless you changed this parameter.

HS have programmed some of the parameters into the Z-Wave plugin to make things slightly easier, if you go into the Z-Wave root device for the motion sensor and click on the Z-Wave tab then you will find the ability to set the parameters somewhere in here. Be aware however that the sensor needs to be awake before this so you need to press the button on it three times. It's a bit of a tedious process for the number of parameters you have to set.

Comment

As mrhappy says, these devices are highly configurable.

I have several of them both newer Gen5 and older ZDK 4.5x based units and they all work as expected but only after some manual configuration.

I suspect the issue you see with one unit showing the accelerometer devices is the tamper operating mode (parameter 24).
        Try changing P24 to 0, then delete all the child devices (but not the root device), wake the sensor up and do a re-scan and see if it creates the correct child devices.

For the battery device to update you need to poll the battery child device.
        When the device wakes up (default every 2 hours), Homeseer will poll it for battery status.
        Mine are set with a 12 hour polling interval.

You can set the temperature and luminance reporting up in different ways. I have mine set up to only report when the values changes by more than X and periodic updates disabled. This way you get almost instant luminance and temp change updates in HS3 but you don't get any irrelevant updates when nothing has changed. With these settings I'm getting about 2 years battery life with the Gen5 and 18 months with the older units.

Setting parameter 64 to 0 just disables periodic temperature reporting but still allows it to update if parameters 60 & 62 are not set to 0.

Paul..

Comment

Hi again -- thought I'd better update this too. The non-secure inclusion seems to help with these as well. I've also tinkered with some of the other parameters and I think temp/luminance weren't being reported on one of my sensors because of parameter settings, so that's been a help. Thanks again!

Bizzarely, for only one of my Fibaro sensors, eleven child devices (including the three-axis accelerometer) always appear no matter what I do. I've tried resetting, re-including, changing the parameters (including 24) and no dice. The battery and temp are reporting now though and those are the only features besides motion detection that I really need from it, so I'll willing to give up on the rest for now.

Cheers

Comment

eleven child devices (including the three-axis accelerometer) always appear no matter what I do
            I have a lot of this with the Aeotec outlet switches. All kinds of un-needed colors for an indicator light I never use. My workaround is to assign these to a floor called "Unused" regardless of the room assignment, then uncheck "Unused" to remove some clutter. There are a lot of child devices that just don't get utilized.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              As mrhappy says, these devices are highly configurable.

I have several of them both newer Gen5 and older ZDK 4.5x based units and they all work as expected but only after some manual configuration.

I suspect the issue you see with one unit showing the accelerometer devices is the tamper operating mode (parameter 24).
              Try changing P24 to 0, then delete all the child devices (but not the root device), wake the sensor up and do a re-scan and see if it creates the correct child devices.

For the battery device to update you need to poll the battery child device.
              When the device wakes up (default every 2 hours), Homeseer will poll it for battery status.
              Mine are set with a 12 hour polling interval.

You can set the temperature and luminance reporting up in different ways. I have mine set up to only report when the values changes by more than X and periodic updates disabled. This way you get almost instant luminance and temp change updates in HS3 but you don't get any irrelevant updates when nothing has changed. With these settings I'm getting about 2 years battery life with the Gen5 and 18 months with the older units.

Setting parameter 64 to 0 just disables periodic temperature reporting but still allows it to update if parameters 60 & 62 are not set to 0.

Paul..
              Sorry to bring up this old post, but I have just included 2 Fibaro Motion Sensors.
              Non of them report anything except motion.

Parameter 64 is 0, but parameter 60 and 62 are default. So after what I have understood, they should report temperature.
              The last temperatur report was when I included it. At 27 degree celsius. It is placed in a cold room that has a temperature around 18-20 degree celsius. But nothing have been reported since inclusion and when I manually woke it up.

Any ideas?

Comment

just found this thread .. it helped me troubleshoot the motion sensors,
                so posting my experiences

under root device - go to tab "zwave"
                and then select settings - you have to manually wakeup device (a single click on the button inside unit appears to work)
                under settings, the temp reporting interval is set to =0 by default,
                changing this to 300 sec
                and then
                followed by a "rescan"of the device - appears to fix my problem and I now get reporting for
                motion
                luminance
                temperature
                battery
                .. still havent cracked it to get seismic and acceleration sensor values reporting (not a concern for me)
                but the general purpose alarm does work if the unit is picked up (eg tamper )

Comment

Working...
                X