Please Help with HSTouch as voice client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help with HSTouch as voice client

Trying to get android device to speak from HS. I am using HSTouch on the android and device control works fine. I need to have it speak from HS3. I thought that HSTouch also acted as a voice client. But I can't figure out how. I don't see the device in Setup-Network.
    Can anyone guide me to gt it to work?
    Thanx!!

Are you using HS2 or HS3? (This is the forum for HS2.) All four of my Android HSTouch tablets appear in my list of speaker clients.

Are you saying that your tablet does not show up in the list of connected speaker clients?
    Attached Files
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Are you using HS2 or HS3? (This is the forum for HS2.) All four of my Android HSTouch tablets appear in my list of speaker clients.

Are you saying that your tablet does not show up in the list of connected speaker clients?
      HS3. Right-it does not appear in client list.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you close the HSTouch app on the missing device then restart it, what do you see in the HS log?

Have you tried deleting the HSTouch app and reinstalling it?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

If you close the HSTouch app on the missing device then restart it, what do you see in the HS log?

Have you tried deleting the HSTouch app and reinstalling it?
          Mar-19 11:03:53 AM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Desktop-Control Instance: JRJ-Porch IP address: 192.168.1.253
          Mar-19 11:03:53 AM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.101
          Mar-19 11:03:53 AM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.1.253/52159) named JRJ-Porch has CONNECTED.
          Mar-19 11:03:53 AM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.253/52159

Have deleted and reinstalled.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
            Mar-19 11:03:53 AM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Desktop-Control Instance: JRJ-Porch IP address: 192.168.1.253
            Mar-19 11:03:53 AM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.1.101
            Mar-19 11:03:53 AM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.1.253/52159) named JRJ-Porch has CONNECTED.
            Mar-19 11:03:53 AM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.253/52159

Have deleted and reinstalled.
            Is 'JRJ-Porch' the client that you could not see? Does it appear in the list now? It certainly seems to be connecting.

Comment

Is 'JRJ-Porch' the client that you could not see? Does it appear in the list now? It certainly seems to be connecting.
              Yesm JRJ-Porch is the client. It now appears in the client list under Setup-Networks. But it still doesn't speak when I trigger an event to speak to that client.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
                Yesm JRJ-Porch is the client. It now appears in the client list under Setup-Networks. But it still doesn't speak when I trigger an event to speak to that client.
                You might take a look at this post. It shows where 3 places have to be the same user and pw in order to make it work. It may or may not help. Plus there is a part at the top about a client that may spark an idea.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...4&postcount=13

Comment

Working...
                X