Linked devices question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked devices question...

I do have several HS3 volume control devices for my ZON whole house audio system like

ZON Family Volume
    ZON Living Volume
    ZON Library Volume
    etc.

They are intyegarted with ZON and do work fine. No problem.

I just added a HS3 device to control the whole house at once called

ZON House Volume

How can I make the House device to control everything else. If house changes say to 15 than all rooms follow and change to 15 as well.

I tried "link device" feature, however it seems to work the other way around. If I link "Family" to "House" than "Family" controls "House" and this is not what I want. If I link "House" to "Family" it is O.K. but only for the Family room. I can not link "House" to multiple devices.

I also tried to chain them like

"House" --> "Family" --> "Living" --> "Library" etc.

but the chain didn't work either. It stopped at the first device "Family" and didn't propagate further out.

Linking is one to one. Chaining them should work, I use that with Z-Wave smart bulbs. I issue commands to light1 and it links to light2 which links to light3.

Check the device definitions. The values have to match. You might want to try linking House to Living, or make a change to Family and see if it propagates to Living. If everything lines up it should work.

Another option would be to use a script.

Bill

Comment

Thanks, Bill.
      For the sake of uniformity all my devices were created as copies of one starting device. So they do match each other's properties for sure. I did this simple chain for testing purposes

Home --> BBQ --> Family

Home will control BBQ
      BBQ will control Family

however Home will not control Family. Family stays where it is when Home and BBQ change simultaneously by changing Home.
      I also tried to loop Family back to Home to see if this will change things but it didn't.

Tried with "Is dimmable" box both checked and unchecked in the device properties. The device type reads
      No API, Type: Type 0, SubType:

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
        Thanks, Bill.
        For the sake of uniformity all my devices were created as copies of one starting device. So they do match each other's properties for sure. I did this simple chain for testing purposes

Home --> BBQ --> Family

Home will control BBQ
        BBQ will control Family

however Home will not control Family. Family stays where it is when Home and BBQ change simultaneously by changing Home.
        I also tried to loop Family back to Home to see if this will change things but it didn't.

Tried with "Is dimmable" box both checked and unchecked in the device properties. The device type reads
        No API, Type: Type 0, SubType:

What am I doing wrong?
        I believe you need one more link:

Family-->Home

This will ensure any changes propagate up/down the chain.

Comment

As my post says I tried it and it didn’t work

Comment

Hmmm...very weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jajAZiG62aY&t=150s

So, I tried it setting up virtual devices and as you said...it does not work. The daisy chain does not complete. The device you control and the on it is linked to updates then the chain stops despite linked to another device.

But, the HS video tells a different story.

Current version is: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.475 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
              I do have several HS3 volume control devices for my ZON whole house audio system like

ZON Family Volume
              ZON Living Volume
              ZON Library Volume
              etc.

They are intyegarted with ZON and do work fine. No problem.

I just added a HS3 device to control the whole house at once called

ZON House Volume

How can I make the House device to control everything else. If house changes say to 15 than all rooms follow and change to 15 as well.

I tried "link device" feature, however it seems to work the other way around. If I link "Family" to "House" than "Family" controls "House" and this is not what I want. If I link "House" to "Family" it is O.K. but only for the Family room. I can not link "House" to multiple devices.

I also tried to chain them like

"House" --> "Family" --> "Living" --> "Library" etc.

but the chain didn't work either. It stopped at the first device "Family" and didn't propagate further out.

With easytrigger :

if this device change
              then set device to another device.

you can do it by group of device or by unique device .

if by group you, ll have to create a group of all your device you want to reflect the change of your whole house.

here’s a screenshot of one event doing it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X