X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Startup Recommendations

Mark:

I have been following this section for a few weeks and I think I am ready to get my feet wet with another HA interface. It looks like Smarthome is really going places with their Inteon product line.

What PLM do you recommend?

I know your plug-in started as a "Insteon Lighting" plug-in but it appears you have taken this much, much farther. Do you have a list of all the Insteon devices supported by your plug-in?

Bob

Welcome fellow Huntsvillian.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've met with Smarthome representatives and they recommend the isy99 devices. I have one on order and going that direction.

MNSandler seems to be doing a good job but want to do all the magic in hardware rather than software...
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
        Mark:

I have been following this section for a few weeks and I think I am ready to get my feet wet with another HA interface. It looks like Smarthome is really going places with their Inteon product line.

What PLM do you recommend?

I know your plug-in started as a "Insteon Lighting" plug-in but it appears you have taken this much, much farther. Do you have a list of all the Insteon devices supported by your plug-in?

Bob
        The new dual band PLMs (both serial and usb) are the latest and work just fine with the plugin. But the Original PLMs are still good too. Please don't bother with anything PLC based.

I have been posting in the Revision History when a new device is added to the plugin so please look there for specifics. But from memory here is a short list:

These are mostly SH devices:
        -All light switches and KPLs
        -All ApplianceLincs and Relay devices
        -IO Linc (2450)
        -Motion Sensor
        -TriggerLinc
        -RemoteLinc
        -ControlLincs
        -GarageHawk (coming soon)

Here is a list the ones i know aren't supported now:

the simplehomenet io devices
        The smarthome IR devices 2411R & 2411T
        Any thermostat (but there is a script that integrates with the plugin for these)

whether you go with a plm or the isy, you will need to upgrade either the sw or the firmware respectively when new products are released that are not currently support by your setup

hope this helps
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark.

That's the kind of information I was looking for.

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X