This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I read existing PLM links/groups

I just moved over to HS and I already had all my links setup. I added all of my devices and the plugin read-in the links from all of my devices. Great. However, the links/groups that are in my PLM were not read in. It doesn't seem like they got erased because if I setup a new group, it will use a high number. Also, if I look at one of my other devices that was linked to my PLM it will display that link on the device side. For example...

Link #1 Switch/Load controls Kitchen Kitchen Light (0A.12.72)
    Link #2 Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #6 Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
    Link #4 Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Insteon Link #17 (Button Control Group) - Command: On
    Link #7 Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Insteon Link #254 HomeSeer 'All Devices Group' - Command: On
    Link #5 Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using Insteon Link #27 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced link #) - Command: Off
    Link #3 Switch/Load is controlled by Kitchen Kitchen Light Button D (0A.12.72) using Insteon Link #6 - Command: On

I cannot figure out how to read in the links/group from the PLM so that HS knows about them. Because of this I cannot maintain them or have a way to call the groups that I already had. I think that link 5 is an example of one of these.

Also, if you look above it seems like I have a duplicate with link 2 and 6. My guess is that 2 is my existing link to the PLM and the plugin created another one (number 6) for me automatically. I assume that #7 is also another automatically created link?
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

The plugin does not read links from the plm or try to reverse engineer groups at this time.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

Thanks for the response. I don't see any obvious way, but can the PLM memory be wiped without messing up the internally created links. If I went to each device that it is linked with and cleared out the bad links, would that free up the memory on the PLM? At this point, I don't mind setting up the groups I had again, but don't want to mess up the whole network.
      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
      Web Site
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
        Mark,

Thanks for the response. I don't see any obvious way, but can the PLM memory be wiped without messing up the internally created links. If I went to each device that it is linked with and cleared out the bad links, would that free up the memory on the PLM? At this point, I don't mind setting up the groups I had again, but don't want to mess up the whole network.
        have you tried the hardware reset on the main config page?

this will clear the plm memory and readd the necessary links for the devices. you can then create groups as necessary. this will not affect the links on devices.

please note: there is no confirmation, so once you hit the btn the process will start. if the page stops refreshing and you don't get the Continue btn, just go back to the plugin config page
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X